HNBD! don't click on this, baimun!

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
got the new '63ri short scale bass today. it needs a setup, and i want to see if i can put some tapewound flats on it, but it sounds and plays decent. not that i'm such a tone snob, with it running through my Peavey Basic 60.

first shot is with it's 30" scale brother, the '63ri baritone. the second is the entire Danelectro Army, including my Convertible and DC-12.

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0198-1.jpg

Last edited:
...the LaBella Beatle Flats might work well...Im pretty sure they are small scale...

right on!

I really like how the pickguard has a hole around hte pup.
dunno why, but it really strikes me.

why for you hide the shiny one in the back?:(

right on!

I really like how the pickguard has a hole around hte pup.
dunno why, but it really strikes me.

why for you hide the shiny one in the back?:(

because the convertible is uglier and i wanted to feature it instead. :embarrassed:

also, nice Taz reference. :thu:

Nice Dano.

There are tons of short scale strings out there. It took me forever to pick strings for mine.

I don't remember, I think Fender nickel. I resisted flatwounds this time, but I like the looks of those nylon ones you picked out. I love the feel and sound of flats, but the tension always feels stiff. I think that is why I like the nylon ones better and that is what I usually go for on my long scale basses.

I don't remember, I think Fender nickel. I resisted flatwounds this time, but I like the looks of those nylon ones you picked out. I love the feel and sound of flats, but the tension always feels stiff. I think that is why I like the nylon ones better and that is what I usually go for on my long scale basses.

huh. i dig the flats. i got away from D'Addario because i didn't like how they balance their sets. to much tension on the high strings, and not enough on the low strings. i think i'm gonna go with LaBella flats. they have a 45-105 set. see how those work out before going tape wound.

Back