Guitar instrumental: He Saw a Shimmering Light

Desert Kev

i have the brown note
Not sure this one really follows conventional songwriting formulae. It just sort of develops into an acoustic outro that really becomes not an outro at all, but instead starts to get slightly more and more layered. Hard to describe. I was listening to a lot of Opeth when this was created and was in yet another mellow sort of mood. Sorry in advance for the obvious tremelo abuse.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=8116917

Hey Kev

Finally got to listen to this one

Liked it. Tremolo went well on this tune

Yea, thanks Kevin... I'll put you on the list of people on MWGL forums that have been my motivation to quit guitar... Nicely done tune!

Brother Kev has done it again. As always nice stuff dude. What did you use for the tremolo sound. Your Krank amp doesn't have that. I can't recall what else that you have. IIRC your M/B doesn't do this either. Did you use the Gretsch on this one? :thu:

Brother Kev has done it again. As always nice stuff dude. What did you use for the tremolo sound. Your Krank amp doesn't have that. I can't recall what else that you have. IIRC your M/B doesn't do this either. Did you use the Gretsch on this one? :thu:

Hi Randy, and thanks for the kind words. I just used a stock Line6 tremelo effect in Pod Farm. All I'm using these days to record with is the Pod Farm/Tone Port which comes pretty well stocked with some halfway decent delays, trems, chorus and amp/cab choices. If I recall correctly this one is just a Plexi with the gain about 5 going through a 1968 4x12 greenback cab. The guitar is my black Charvel Model 5 for the beginning section and for the outro I used my Martin.

Back