Newsflash! IT WORKS IT WORKS IT WORKS!!!!!11!

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I can embed video in posts that we host on our own server....that means that the online school is a go :)

Here is a small sample from yesterdays video shoot....the light gets a little mangled at the beginning but after about 10 seconds or so it looks normal....

[jw]markweinguitarlessons.com/v/tomjam.mov[/jw]

beavis0

Also, since the video is in HD it's kind of slow to load.....I'll work on that...if you maximize the video in your monitor is still looks pretty good, though...

Also, since the video is in HD it's kind of slow to load.....I'll work on that...if you maximize the video in your monitor is still looks pretty good, though...

I would rather have good quality, and wait for it to load... Maybe you could offer a low res version, as well...

I would rather have good quality, and wait for it to load... Maybe you could offer a low res version, as well...

There are a ton of plugins for the player that I want to look into...I'm just happy I got the damn thing to work!

:ep:

party0

looks great! :thu:

Edit: *starts transcribing Tom's licks*

:embarrassed:

:grin:

Whats funny is that I learned a bunch of new stuff from Tom while shooting his videos yesterday, and he actually got to see how I taught the first part of my book. Now that we are shooting "paid" content no ones afraid of "giving away the good stuff for free" like we did with the older videos....Tom's going to have a massive amount of stuff that I want to learn being shot in the next month or so :)

Looks great on my home computer. Streams fine over my wifi on my notebook.

And if the guitar lesson thing doesn't work out I guess we're all set up to so something profitable like pron :embarrassed:

This is very cool. Mark I think you know I've been torn between our Funk performance class and wanting to take lessons from Tom. This may be a way I can do both.

Very exciting!

This is very cool. Mark I think you know I've been torn between our Funk performance class and wanting to take lessons from Tom. This may be a way I can do both.

Very exciting!

I'm hoping that this is a good intermediate step for a lot of folks who either can't afford Skype lessons or classes in the studio but want more than they can get from the free content on the site.

Even though there is going to be a ton of new stuff there will also be material that we have in the free front page of the site but much more in depth and with the opportunity to interact with the instructor for feedback on how you are doing. I think it's going to be pretty cool when we get it all done although I'm sure we'll have some growing pains as we get the whole thing fleshed out...

I'm hoping that this is a good intermediate step for a lot of folks who either can't afford Skype lessons or classes in the studio but want more than they can get from the free content on the site.

Even though there is going to be a ton of new stuff there will also be material that we have in the free front page of the site but much more in depth and with the opportunity to interact with the instructor for feedback on how you are doing. I think it's going to be pretty cool when we get it all done although I'm sure we'll have some growing pains as we get the whole thing fleshed out...

I looking forward to it, I think it could be a nice supplement to my regular lessons.

Back