I got fired!

Dew Knot Hump

Sausager
BAND DRAMA!!!!

So we've been playing with this drummer since November who wanted to do a "techno blues" band. Long story but last night our bass player cancelled and then I got this from the drummer:

"Hey Fellas – I’m not used to being in a band that is a side project for the other guys and a main project for me, so I think there’s a bit of a misconnect here. Realistically I’ve got more time and energy to put into this project, so I think it’s probably best we go our separate ways and focus more on our top priorities. It’s been a blast playing with you guys, so no hard feelings here."

It wasn't really a side project for me, I've always got a couple band type things going and never cancelled practice because of other stuff.

Which was a total relief because I had devised a plan to ease him out of the band without hurting his feelings. The guy is a super nice guy but as a drummer his time is all over the place a lot, a bunch of times I played with him I had multiple "WTF" moments. Plus he wanted to control everything regarding the songwriting and recording. So now we got rid of him on good terms without hurting his feelings.

Win/Win. So me and the bass player will either find someone else to play the songs or start something new. Plus I'm getting together to jam with a drummer I spent ten years in bands with at his rehearsal space next week.

I wish I would get fired from a band. Then at least I would be in one to get fired from. It has been too long since I have been in a band.

BAND DRAMA!!!!

So we've been playing with this drummer since November who wanted to do a "techno blues" band. Long story but last night our bass player cancelled and then I got this from the drummer:

"Hey Fellas – I’m not used to being in a band that is a side project for the other guys and a main project for me, so I think there’s a bit of a misconnect here. Realistically I’ve got more time and energy to put into this project, so I think it’s probably best we go our separate ways and focus more on our top priorities. It’s been a blast playing with you guys, so no hard feelings here."

It wasn't really a side project for me, I've always got a couple band type things going and never cancelled practice because of other stuff.

Which was a total relief because I had devised a plan to ease him out of the band without hurting his feelings. The guy is a super nice guy but as a drummer his time is all over the place a lot, a bunch of times I played with him I had multiple "WTF" moments. Plus he wanted to control everything regarding the songwriting and recording. So now we got rid of him on good terms without hurting his feelings.

Win/Win. So me and the bass player will either find someone else to play the songs or start something new. Plus I'm getting together to jam with a drummer I spent ten years in bands with at his rehearsal space next week.

To bad they all don't work out that well. Jam on :grin:

Good deal.

What the hell is techno blues? Can you give some examples or were you creating your own thing?

If you've still got some unrequited nastiness, or simple argumentation, left inside you,
please, take it out on me. I need some professional motivation.

You should ask me what I'm doing typing here when I could be finishing my guitar.
You can also ask me to look at your avatar one more time, in case you're changing it.

That guy talked too much to be a real drummer,
especially if he had feelings that could be hurt.
Hit on me, when you're not strong, I'll be the one, to carry your practice pad for you.

You need to upgrade your avatar, go donut halves for a bun, two patties with a porkchop, and suet for sauce.
That's with curly, sweet potato fries.

Good deal.

What the hell is techno blues? Can you give some examples or were you creating your own thing?

Bluesy riffs with techno style breakbeats. The songs we had were pretty cool and it was a different sound.

I've got a recording session Thursday night with my other guys so I'm not missing a beat like that drummer was. :cheese:

I remember one time when I was in my hotel room,
and a... listener.... knocked on the door, so I let him in.
He saw some lost beats laying on the floor and asked what happened to the drummer.
I threw the lips from the other bed at him, saying ask the lead vocalist.

That went easier than you thought.

Yes it did, my plan was to tell him I wanted to take a break for a few weeks and finish up the record I'm making with my other band, tell him to get his drums because I don't have room for two kits and then tell him the recordings went so well that we were going to solely focus on that band.

But I didn't have to do that! :cheese:

Back