Owls are awesome.

Here I thought this was going to be a thread where you eat chocolate covered deep fried owl with habanero hot sauce...

images

It had to be done. :grin:

Cool. I've never seen anything like that before. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen an owl in real life. I need to get out more.

Cool. I've never seen anything like that before. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever seen an owl in real life. I need to get out more.

Owls really are cool. I held one once and it was a bit scary at first, but it was really soft and gentle.

I have come face to face with an owl that had a wingspan as wide as my arms... And I mean face to face, one foot away... It looked at me, spread its wings, turned around and flew all the way down the short cut trail I was on... It was amazing...

I used to go see the Snowy owls at the Winnipeg Zoo all the time.
beautiful critters.

that thing is creepy

I saw an owl in a tree in the yard just last week. Not sure what kind it was, but it was huge. Was going to try to get a picture of it, but it flew across the lake before I got a chance.

Also been great for watching bald eagles lately.

According to google, there are five species of owls that are supposed to live in my local area; burrowing, barred, barn, screech, and great horned. I have to start paying better attention to the local wildlife, I guess.

Back