Dig it! Reverend Basses Reappearing in January

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Reverend just made the upcoming line of basses public today so I thought I could share with the class. I'll post pics on Sat. When I get back from the Circle R Ranch.
:lol:

See if they are working on that Hinson/Double Agent morph we asked for. :thu:

:grin:

Ken did tell me that they are working on a straight Tele model with Pete Anderson. I'm not sure what else I'll find up there but I'll let everyone know on Saturday. If I'm not sworn to secrecy.

Ooh.... orange would be killer.

Dunno if I'd like a short-scale though. I'm not particularly happy with any of my current bass sounds, so it might be something to consider.

what basses do you have now?

Squier Vintahe Mod Jazz w/Flatwounds (I like this one best)
90's Alvarez (plays amazingly but is pretty dam bright)
90's BC Rich Warlock (currently on loan to a friend)
80's BC Rich Warlock w/ Khaler trem (sounds alright, plays alright... was a gift from my brother-in-law)

you could probably use a different pot value on the Alvarez to cut the brightness. give back that 90s BC Rich though.

you could probably use a different pot value on the Alvarez to cut the brightness. give back that 90s BC Rich though.

You mean the 80's BC Rich? The 90's one is on loan TO a friend. It's from my high school metal band days and had 24 frets for my bass solo. :facepalm:

Alvarez was my first bass so there are a lot of scars and memories on that one. A new set of pups and pots would probably be a great idea. It has reverse P/J configuration.

Oh and I forgot about my Ibanez 5-string... Luigi's been using that on his album and so has Aaron.

I want a bass tone somewhere between these two songs:

I think the flatwounds were a step in the right direction for the bottom track, but I've always been really picky about bass tones.

Last edited by a moderator:
no, i meant the 90s BC Rich. let him keep it as long as he likes. offer to let him buy it from you. cheap.

you might actually like a Precision.

i hate the P/J configuration. all it does is introduce hum and high end. neither of which a bass needs.

Which is probably part of the issue in my basses.

The thing with a P-Bass is that even a cheap one will sound good. With the P/J pickup configuration it's also hard to lose...

The SX P at LMA is pretty damn good. Aaron bought a Lakland and after they'd both been set-up and we thoroughly played them we noticed a difference in the feel and a small improvement in the tone but not big enough of a difference to be worth $2k more, in our minds at least.

still thinking about this short scale Club King. which is good. means my interest is peaked. i hope it doesn't suck.

Back