Much better than Foghat.

281x211.jpg

I love Robben Ford's version best. It is slow and close to Muddy Waters original.

No clip from Robben but here is Muddy's which is just total killer!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess it depends on where you grew up but Foghat was a staple on the radio when I was growing up so I can still appreciate what they did.

Modern Saint posted the best (and maybe the original version) of that song.

Willie Dixon wrote it for Muddy and I am a huge Muddy Waters fan. I've got a ritual every year during winter, when the temps go sub-zero I always throw on Muddy's "Nine Below Zero" because it tells it like it is. Whenever I see an attractive young lady on the street I make sure to play his 45 called;"She's 19 Years Old" because "she's got waves like a baby child."

If I see a bigger lady I'll throw on John Lee Hookers "Big Legs, Tight Skirts" because that always drives me out of my mind.

Of course I'm always putting on Muddy's version of "The Same Thing" because nothing makes a man go crazy when his woman wears a dress so tight. That's the same thing that makes a hound dog fight all night.

Speaking of hound dogs I just got back from walking mine and while it's not 9 below zero it's cold out, early December builds your character because the chill is almost here. It's cold and windy out there, probably around 15 with the wind chill.

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck foghat.

You are just a Fool For The City. :mad:

Foghat, Montrose, Pat Travers, Robin Trower, Humble Pie and UFO are bands that rocked and went under your head.

You can't share in a group experience but that's OK. :cheese:

I can and you can't. We all learn and return one of these days.

It's allright, I forgive you for your shortcomings. :cheese:

You are just a Fool For The City. :mad:

Foghat, Montrose, Pat Travers, Robin Trower, Humble Pie and UFO are bands that rocked and went under your head.

You can't share in a group experience but that's OK. :cheese:

I can and you can't. We all learn and return one of these days.

It's allright, I forgive you for your shortcomings. :cheese:

my group experience is better than your group experience.

I guess it depends on where you grew up but Foghat was a staple on the radio when I was growing up so I can still appreciate what they did.

I would have to agree with that statement. It was the first version I ever heard and for a long time I thought Foghat wrote that song. And they did rock rather well at times. I probably heard their live album played at parties in the 70's as much as any other album at the time.

I would have to agree with that statement. It was the first version I ever heard and for a long time I thought Foghat wrote that song. And they did rock rather well at times. I probably heard their live album played at parties in the 70's as much as any other album at the time.

I still own that album and CD and still love it.

Back