Mediocringly Derivative
p1_utynb0oj1_so.jpg

Year: 2010
Manufacturer: Ibanez
Model: AMF73
Case: None
Color: Burst
Condition: Brand New
Description: Don't be fooled by its smaller size, the Ibanez AMF73 has all the power, presence and features of its larger cousins. It's perfect for smaller players or anyone else who wants the traditional semi-acoustic elements but not the traditional size.

$349

It's OK, but I prefer my hollows, and semi-hollows to have larger bodies. I would assume this guitar is neck heavy, due to the large headstock.

Meh....

I definitely do not like the knobs they put on it. I'm just not sure it works visually as a package.

Ye old like-o-meter

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
_____^__________

define "too cheap".

Well, it was kind of a joke, as I am usually bitching about cost... Maybe I should have said too inexpensive... It may or not be cheap... I have an inexpensive SX tele that is cheap... so cheap that it is in pieces, and I have no intention of bothering to put it back together any time soon...

I think it's ugly. I have been looking around to see what smaller bodied semi hollows are offered and saw this one and the other one Ibanez offers. It is matte black and not quite as ugly but close. Maybe it is the giant pick guard.

depends on where the strap pin is located.

True, but I doubt there's anywhere you can put it on the body, that will balance it out properly. I can put up with a little neck dive, as long as it isn't like a Hamer Steve Stevens I tried out back in the day (which was neck heavy enough, that the headstock immediately made a dive for the floor, whenever you released your hand from the neck). My main beef is its small size. It would have better acoustic resonance (which helps give some guitars that wonderfully throaty sound they have at high gain) with a larger body.

Last edited:
Back