Random CrazyBandDude Thoughts

shonsey1

Slightly-less-n00by than a few posts ago
Well...it occurs to me that since I'm new to the forums, I should try to contribute something humorous since I'll most likely never be able to contribute anything useful :). Some of you may be familiar with the CrazyBandDude that GergS talks about, and from what I've read so far, people love hearing about him, so here goes...

This is not a story of a single incident; it's more of a regular occurrence. CrazyBandDude insists that we need a keyboard even though we don't actually have a keyboard player, because I secretly think his mind stayed in the 80's. Sometimes, particularly on songs where CrazyBandDude is supposed to be playing bass, rather than actually learning/playing the bass part, he will just drop off playing bass at various points and try to play keyboard. Sometimes he will even try to play the keyboard with the bass's headstock. Unfortunately, he never remembers the right keyboard patches to use and can't ever find the paper with the right patches listed on it when he needs it, so 95% of the time, he comes in with the completely wrong sound. And, even if he does manage to have the right patch keyed in ahead of time, he doesn't practice his keyboard parts, so he plays them wrong 99% of the time. There was this one time at our one and only real gig where he couldn't find the keyboard patch and just played the solo on his guitar. This sounded great, and we thought we were saved, but the next week at practice, the horror resumed.

Ugh that damn keyboard. He's always screwing around with that damn thing. Possum Kingdom does not require keyboards dammit!

* subscribed *

You do realized that if he ever finds this forum you guys are going to be found 10 years from now buried under his double-wide, right?

You guys need to talk him into glitter. Tell him it would be cool to wear glitter.

Oh, or maybe get him to rig up his keyboard to catch on fire. That would be cool and likely kill the keyboard for good.

Nope unfortunately I'm not. According to him it "fills out the sound"

Plus he never plays the bass line right in that song :mad: Not that I'm a stickler for having the song 100 percent right but still it's not that hard and it's noticible when you don't do it right.

Back