Are you happy with your current job

hobo

simple guitar player
After leaving the military I worked for about 3 years for companies, but I knew one thing, I wanted to be my own boss.

I succeeded and never been happier. Being your own boss gives you true freedom in life.
Was able to pack the bags when I was still in my 30's and move to my wife's country and there too we open our own business. Now, we really should be retired these days, but we work mainly to have something to do and of course to bring in a little bread :)

I always thought when I was working for a company, why am I making this (person.company) money and I make little money. I really hated that feeling.

I don't love it, but it isn't that time-consuming, relatively speaking, I can work from home, and it leaves me with a lot of freedom w/r/t time. And money, I guess. Though that cuts in on free time. Not that I'm complaining.

don't know, haven't started yet.
but I don't imagine I'll love it.

so long as I don't come home with the urge to hang myself, it's all good.

problem for me is I've never really had anything I really wanted to do.
apart from the rock star thing, of course:wink:
was close to opening a toy store before I bought the house in the sticks.
but the town I was in just wouldn't get enough business for it to really work.
and I wasn't willing to move back to a bigger city.
that, and I'd end up keeping all my stock anyways...

I don't have any real skills/trades as far as work goes.
nothing I'd want to do for a living, anyways.
so, I'll likely end up working shit jobs for the rest of my life.
but I'm okay with that.
at least the place I start at on Monday has some room for upward mobility.
though I'm taking a $2+/hr cut from my last job, and will likely have to work (physically) a lot harder.

*shrugs*

when MUNG was gigging on a regular basis, we made good cash.
better than I ever have at a "real" job.
but the lifestyle was killing me, I think.

I love my job. My only complaints are that the hours can be insanely long (typically 70-80 hrs a week, or more) and the work is mentally draining.

No, I can't say I love it. It's an ok one most of the time, and occasionally stressful.
Pay is not at all good though, which is one major reason why I'm considering switching jobs these days. :embarrassed:
Well, that, and my back and knees doesn't enjoy that type of work much after over 13 years...

Probably not. I've had all sorts of jobs with varying levels of compensation. Never really been happy with any of them. I mean, it's somebody else's crap. They're paying you to do it because it sucks and is boring. Not that I have any inclination to self-employ. That just seems like sentencing yourself to grubbing for petty amounts of cash while practicing for the big time grabber that mocks all you've worked to achieve.

Yea. It's in an industry that's dying a slow death to outsourcing, but I still like to do it while I can....:embarrassed:

I'm happy enough. I've been lucky with being in the right place at the right time with the right skills to have stayed employed in this line of business when so much is being outsourced. I could probably push myself more in order to earn more..but I'm not motivated enough to do that. The pay is fine by me, I've never chased the money, and as long as I can afford the odd HNGD!..I'm easy to please. :embarrassed:

I'm happy enough. I've been lucky with being in the right place at the right time with the right skills to have stayed employed in this line of business when so much is being outsourced. I could probably push myself more in order to earn more..but I'm not motivated enough to do that. The pay is fine by me, I've never chased the money, and as long as I can afford the odd HNGD!..I'm easy to please. :embarrassed:

Filthy banker swine.

My job blows. 100% blows.

I do like the other jobs I have- politics, gigging,managing properties, and the fact that my wife runs her own business has benefits too. The property management is set up as an LLC separate from my wifes. But it's not my main source of income.

Probably not. I've had all sorts of jobs with varying levels of compensation. Never really been happy with any of them. I mean, it's somebody else's crap. They're paying you to do it because it sucks and is boring. Not that I have any inclination to self-employ. That just seems like sentencing yourself to grubbing for petty amounts of cash while practicing for the big time grabber that mocks all you've worked to achieve.

This +10000, I've stated many times that I'm not happy with my current job but then again I don't think I'll ever be happy with any job. perhaps I should become a truckdriver and ride the roads with my dog. I'll be like the old tv show BJ and the Bear except it'll be DdBob and the dog :embarrassed:

Back