Finally some good news!

Jeremy

Also no borders.
This probably won't sound like good news to most of you though. :tongue:

After 3 1/2 months of fighting with the insurance company, they've decided that they actually are going to pay us for the damage to the car. Today they sent out an appraiser, who's decided that it's a total loss.

I can do most of the work fixing it myself. It needs a fender, a hood, the brace that the hood latch connects to, a mirror and a headlight. I see absolutely no reason that I can't replace this stuff myself. Since the car's totaled, they aren't telling us where we have to go to get it fixed, we're just getting a check.

A check that we can use to pay for the remainder of our security deposit first month's rent in Cortland so that we can move in on time and before school starts, which has been a major concern for us for the last few days.

I feel like dancing!

:grin:

Congrats! Good to see some positive news from your direction! Insurance companies can really be a PITA at times.

It's always nice with something works out a bit for a change....and dealing with insurance companies can really blow.

Well, here's a new twist. Apparently in IL, you can't keep the car if it's a total loss. Not necessarily a bad thing, it just makes it a little interesting since it's our only car. We have to turn it in before they'll give us the check. They are giving us quite a bit more for the car than I thought they would, though.

Still VERY happy that it's worked out this way. :)

I think in WV you can buy the car back from the insurance company. It'll have a salvage title though.

They said we could keep the car, but then we'd get no money at all. Seems pretty fair to me, really. We'd rather have the check, though.

I hate car shopping, though. :embarrassed:

I hate car shopping too. I also hate bra shopping. Oops did I let that slip?

Congrats on the greenbacks!

Back