I love...

DNW

BREAUX
... Pain of Salvation! :love:

Despite being somewhat of a fanboy, I only just found out last week that Road Salt had been released. :annoyed: But now that I've got it... :eek: There really isn't all that much that's "metal" about it, and IMO those few heavier moments really aren't the highlights of the album.

(the quality has been butchered)

Or for something a bit more... odd...

One of the few metal bands that really does something different each album, and they do it so damn well! :love:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do too! :cheese:

One odd thing though, is that Daniel stated in an interview recently that he's never really considered his band metal.
I think they metal things up quite well often. :grin:
That man seems incapable of doing a properly bad album imo. Even Scarsick had a few really good moments. :embarrassed:

He also said that after being on tour with Transatlantic this summer, the songs on PoS' next album could very well end up being only short songs. :grin:

I do too! :cheese:

One odd thing though, is that Daniel stated in an interview recently that he's never really considered his band metal.
I think they metal things up quite well often. :grin:
That man seems incapable of doing a properly bad album imo. Even Scarsick had a few really good moments. :embarrassed:

He also said that after being on tour with Transatlantic this summer, the songs on PoS' next album could very well end up being only short songs. :grin:

Yeah, I've always felt a bit odd about calling them a "metal" band, even though a hefty percentage of their material certainly is. I wasn't a huge fan of Scarsick at first except for a few songs, but it definitely grew on me over time.

Funny about the Transatlantic quote. I remember on the old DVD with Daniel on there, where they barely put him in the mix. :lol:

Yeah, I've always felt a bit odd about calling them a "metal" band, even though a hefty percentage of their material certainly is. I wasn't a huge fan of Scarsick at first except for a few songs, but it definitely grew on me over time.

Funny about the Transatlantic quote. I remember on the old DVD with Daniel on there, where they barely put him in the mix. :lol:

There's a new TA dvd coming out from this tour as well. Roine is apparently done with the audio mix on it, so hopefully it should be out soon.
Preferrably with a bit more of Daniel in the mix. :wink:
From what I've heard he's done more guitar stuff on this tour, especially more of the trickier parts obviously. :embarrassed:

Alright, just got done listening to the whole album (on Spotify of all places). :embarrassed:

eek2

That's a fucking great album. :love:

Definitely getting it.

Pain of Salvation might be one of the few proper progressive bands out there at the moment. You just never really know what they'll come up with. :embarrassed:
This one's radically different from everything else they've done, yet still unmistakeably them.

Hats off to them. :)

Yeah that's one of the things I find so great about them. Every album is different, and yet it still sounds like them. The jump from Scarsick (via Linoleum) to Road Salt is just :messedup: though. After the Linoleum EP, I was expecting the album to be along those heavier lines, but most of it's really nothing like that at all.

I think I'll always hear the first line of Of Dust as, "Come break my balls," though. :embarrassed:

Back