Engine sound-gasms.

huskerdude

Not Rocket Appliances
I think one of the ways you can really tell a gearhead (or "motoring enthusiast" if you want to be all fancy about it) is by the visceral reaction they have to the sound of an engine revving.
Watch this video of a guy taking his Cobra kit car (with a 427 side-oiler) out on Le Mans through the first minute or so and tell me you don't at least groan a bit when he first guns it at about :38 in:

And it doesn't just have to be throaty low pitched American V8 sounds. Group B rally cars had some of the greatest engine sounds ever:

Now obviously if you're having a genuine ruin-your-pants "engine soundgasm" you should consult your doctor, but for the rest of us, post more vids!

Last edited by a moderator:
That first video is awesome sounding.

The second video I keep thinking I'm going to see someone get killed.

yow. Its just amazing that people will get that close to the cars while they are racing.

Anymore it's tradition as much as anything. Part of the experience of watching rallying is almost being run over by somebody doing 90 down a one lane dirt road. :grin:

I like putting this on full screen and turning the sound up.

it's really only on those cockpit cam things that you can really appreciate just how incredibly narrow the Nurburgring actually is.

Oooo 176 actually. Thats flat hauling ass. :grin:

If i ever have the money, one of these is in my garage, even if the top gear guys call it too plasticy. :grin:

You couldn't pay me to stand in front and film this....when it hunches up as the turbo spools up, sweet baby j:

I hate the soundtrack but I love the way this golf screams coming out of the corners (skip to about 1:embarrassed:2):

If this doesn't give you shivers, call the doctor cause you're dead:

Its not your Father's Cadillac. :grin:

Watch to the end. Onstar gets called. 11 second quarter. Awesome.

Cockpit cam from some weird special stage thing. Note the sweet little Scandinavian flick at about 2:10.

Back