I may have spoke too soon

GergS

Butt
I just got a call from crazy dude saying he just bought a 32 channel Mackie board for $850.

"I CAN'T WAIT TO SET THIS UP ON SATURDAY!!"

What...the...hell messedup0

"WE CAN NO HAVE 6 SEPARATE MONITOR SENDS!!!"

:cry:

I have no idea where something like that is going to fit in the place we are playing :annoyed:

Six monitor sends if you want to have three dedicated amps just for the monitors or six powered monitors....

...i'd love to have this guy and John Watt set a festival up...the results would probably be so epic, they would break the interwebz...

Seriously, have you read The Daily Adventures of Mixerman? You might want to start your own. :embarrassed:

Oh, so you're playing with my old bandmate, then.

:embarrassed:

ToddRig.jpg

SonicTonicIslandStock.jpeg

Oh, so you're playing with my old bandmate, then.

:embarrassed:

ToddRig.jpg

SonicTonicIslandStock.jpeg

I'd have to agree....it's good he can't afford a Marshall stack because he'd have one if he could. This guy is a piece of work. He told us on Sunday that he's been through so many bands he can't even count anymore. Really?? I wouldn't have guessed! His statement was that he quit all those bands because he was the only one serious and dedicated enough to carry the "torch". I'm not sure what torch he's carrying but I almost snorted rootbeer at that comment. Anyway, before we had our little pow wow to ease the tensions, he started the discussion on how we needed to coordinate our outfits for Saturday's show. He said he knew a designer (found out it was his neice who is in some sort of art school) who could help us with outfits. It was at that point when I lost it and stated that a discussion was necessary.

I'd have to agree....it's good he can't afford a Marshall stack because he'd have one if he could. This guy is a piece of work. He told us on Sunday that he's been through so many bands he can't even count anymore. Really?? I wouldn't have guessed! His statement was that he quit all those bands because he was the only one serious and dedicated enough to carry the "torch". I'm not sure what torch he's carrying but I almost snorted rootbeer at that comment. Anyway, before we had our little pow wow to ease the tensions, he started the discussion on how we needed to coordinate our outfits for Saturday's show. He said he knew a designer (found out it was his neice who is in some sort of art school) who could help us with outfits. It was at that point when I lost it and stated that a discussion was necessary.

FWIW, I quit the band in the pics because it took us 3 days to setup for a gig in a shithole bar where we made $50 each.

I actually liked playing with them other than that. :embarrassed:

he started the discussion on how we needed to coordinate our outfits for Saturday's show. He said he knew a designer (found out it was his neice who is in some sort of art school) who could help us with outfits. It was at that point when I lost it and stated that a discussion was necessary.

I really need a "spit take" smiley for times like this :embarrassed:

FWIW, I quit the band in the pics because it took us 3 days to setup for a gig in a shithole bar where we made $50 each.

:facepalm:

I'm in the same boat I think....I enjoy playing with them but the extra work he tacks on is what's killer. I'll admit that I'm lazy when it comes to doing manual labor at 1 or 2 AM.

I'm in the same boat I think....I enjoy playing with them but the extra work he tacks on is what's killer. I'll admit that I'm lazy when it comes to doing manual labor at 1 or 2 AM.

Amen.

That's what I really love about Mixed Nuts (the band I've been in for the last 12 years or so). We take what we need. We show up late, we set up quick, we play, we get paid, we tear down, we go home. :thu:

When I see a band wheeling 100w Marshall heads into a small bar, I take that as my cue to leave. So far I've been right, everyone I've seen do that has sucked. Granted I've never played in a band, but if your playing through a PA what the hell do you need that much power for? Most of the best guitarists around here play small 15 to 30w amps. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Back