Bwahahaha. Tiltsta enters the 21st century

Tiltsta

Show me your frittatas
Staff member
I just finished wiring my house with a 4 terabyte NAS network drive, a media sever, and the gigabit network and wireless to connect it all. I now have about 1.5 TB of mp3/AAC files that I can access instantly through my home surround sound/stereo system (A 7.1 system made of mixed Sony, Onkyo, and Polk Audio stuff). Any video or picture I have ever taken is in there too and can be displayed on my tv. Really amazing stuff and super cool. I still have a couple of hundred CDs to load on there, but it is already really great. Having all your music available instantly, in a searchable format, and then being able to deliver it at 770 watts with a 450 watt powered 12 inch sub is :cool:.

Last edited:
That's awesome! I did pretty close to the same thing a while back here at the casa de OGG and have been like a kid in a candy store :thu:

I'm currently backing up my DVD and blue-ray disks to the hard drive. I can now stream those too. Sounds kind of pointless, perhaps, but those of you with kids get the point of not having the damn Monsters Inc DVD scratched to hell from watching it 100000 times.

A lot easier than you might think, Denverdave. This stuff has really gone mainstream and is now pretty idiot proof.

I'm currently backing up my DVD and blue-ray disks to the hard drive. I can now stream those too. Sounds kind of pointless, perhaps, but those of you with kids get the point of not having the damn Monsters Inc DVD scratched to hell from watching it 100000 times.

that right there is reason enough.

Back