Tis Rumbly out...

Coda

Not John Watt
...its thundering right now...theres a big cell passing by, I think its goin a bit south of me, but usually a light breeze is enough to knock my power out...I think its ridiculous...its not like we're living in the 21st Century or anything...whats worse is the power company takes forever to restore power...they do something here, and hope it solves the problems at other places...my therapist said shes talked to people that work for the power company, and he said they just hope that what they fix will fix the problem...they dont really know whats wrong half the time...so, heres to outdated equipment, and Punderstroms...:facepalm:

The pattern here for the past week has been rain in the morning, then it gets into the upper 80's to mid 90's during the day and then intense storms roll in at night. I feel like I'm living in Honduras or something.

The real kick in the balls is that 6 months ago it was 5F outside. For those keeping score that is a 90 degree temp swing in six months.

Hey! I'm definitely Canadian and when I saw your thread title I caught some severe anxiety.
The news from the Gulf oil well is a constant, and every day it's just getting worse.
And every day they're saying one hurricane can dump all this inland.
That's why the anxiety about seeing your storm warning.
I'm still trying to imagine a blowing well over a mile down turning the gulf into a bowl of oily water.
Now they're saying it could creep around Florida and go up the east coast.

as always, John Watt

Last edited:
The pattern here for the past week has been rain in the morning, then it gets into the upper 80's to mid 90's during the day and then intense storms roll in at night. I feel like I'm living in Honduras or something.

The real kick in the balls is that 6 months ago it was 5F outside. For those keeping score that is a 90 degree temp swing in six months.

...I would much rather have 5F than 98F...its much easier to warm up than it is to cool down...the pattern around here has been two or three days of hot and humidity, and then a day that is just outright soupy, then on that day, a line of storms will come through...Severe Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado Watches and the like...then it passes and starts all over again...a few weeks ago we had a real bad one...bout a mile from me was hit hard...straight line winds...theres a graveyard where my grandfather is buried, and therss not a tree left standing in it...of course, that whole area didnt have power for about 4 days, thanks to the trusty old reliable power company...I swear these fellas must have been trained by Tomas Edison himself...the equipment is at least that old...

Hey! I'm definitely Canadian and when I saw your thread title I caught some severe anxiety.
The news from the Gulf oil well is a constant, and every day it's just getting worse.
And every day they're saying one hurricane can dump all this inland.
That's why the anxiety about seeing your storm warning.
I'm still trying to imagine a blowing well over a mile down turning the gulf into a bowl of oily water.
Now they're saying it could creep around Florida and go up the east coast.

as always, John Watt

...well, seeing how Im no where near the gulf, I think you can ditch that anxiety...the hurricanes we get round these parts are usually head on, or up the coast from Hatteras...

...I would much rather have 5F than 98F...its much easier to warm up than it is to cool down...the pattern around here has been two or three days of hot and humidity, and then a day that is just outright soupy, then on that day, a line of storms will come through...Severe Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado Watches and the like...then it passes and starts all over again...a few weeks ago we had a real bad one...bout a mile from me was hit hard...straight line winds...theres a graveyard where my grandfather is buried, and therss not a tree left standing in it...of course, that whole area didnt have power for about 4 days, thanks to the trusty old reliable power company...I swear these fellas must have been trained by Tomas Edison himself...the equipment is at least that old...

Lucky for me we have modern infrastructure here in the big city. Considering the fact that Cook County has the highest taxes in the United States we fucking well should.

Lucky for me we have modern infrastructure here in the big city. Considering the fact that Cook County has the highest taxes in the United States we fucking well should.

...yea, its pretty rundown here...there is no downtown anymore, just empty buildings and what have you...but its still suburbia, so you got the big stores and highways and all that...Im trying to move to the city by the end of the year, and one of the reasons is the ancient utilities around here...I suppose its a lesson though, if you overfish Oyster rich waters, you turn into my hometown...

Cook County? The highest taxes in The States?
Wasn't that the focus of those Wall Street greed articles Rolling Stone printed a couple of months ago?
You got some sewer work done that technically now can never be completely paid for.
Leveraging future mortgage displacements, or something like that.
That bamboo filament Thomas Edison used for his first light bulb is still working.
I'm tempted to say you get what you pay for, but now you can pay for something you don't get.
Ke$ha was just in Toronto and her pictures there looked really good, a nice, slender girl.
Nothing like the pics I've seen so far, all trip or hip-hop.
Now I'm not sure who I'm looking at.

as always, John Watt

Cook County? The highest taxes in The States?
Wasn't that the focus of those Wall Street greed articles Rolling Stone printed a couple of months ago?
You got some sewer work done that technically now can never be completely paid for.
Leveraging future mortgage displacements, or something like that.
That bamboo filament Thomas Edison used for his first light bulb is still working.
I'm tempted to say you get what you pay for, but now you can pay for something you don't get.
Ke$ha was just in Toronto and her pictures there looked really good, a nice, slender girl.
Nothing like the pics I've seen so far, all trip or hip-hop.
Now I'm not sure who I'm looking at.

as always, John Watt

You are a very wise man Johnny. I too was taken aback by Wall Street and their tomfoolery. My cousin could buy 3.5 million deep dish pizzas with the money that sewer system that we aren't going to pay for would have cost us if in fact we indeed were to be sidesaddled with the non-existent debt. It's a round world we live in.

Back