The end of an era.

North Hollyweird? Wow.

I get the feeling that they were bought by an existing tech services company (built touring racks and such) for the product dealerships and absorbed into the Borg. The original Tone Merchants was awesome because I could make an appointment, bring all my own gear and try whatever I wanted to buy in total privacy through my own rig. Both my Suhrs came from there as well as a ton of my nicer pedals.

The former manager of Tone Merchants is opening his own place in Anaheim, though...I'm pretty excited about that...he might register here to talk gear for the grand opening....

I get the feeling that they were bought by an existing tech services company (built touring racks and such) for the product dealerships and absorbed into the Borg. The original Tone Merchants was awesome because I could make an appointment, bring all my own gear and try whatever I wanted to buy in total privacy through my own rig. Both my Suhrs came from there as well as a ton of my nicer pedals.

The former manager of Tone Merchants is opening his own place in Anaheim, though...I'm pretty excited about that...he might register here to talk gear for the grand opening....

Oh yeah, that would be extremely cool if he signed up. He wont get banned for spamming his site, will he? :grin:

Oh yeah, that would be extremely cool if he signed up. He wont get banned for spamming his site, will he? :grin:

no...I've actually invited him to register. He was really cool to me when I dealt with him at Tone Merchants and I think my local students would dig knowing about his place.

Hi Mark (and everyone else!),

Great forum you have here. I'm the former manager of Tone Merchants that Mark mentioned earlier...

It's indeed sad that the ol' shop has relocated...my time there was probably the most fun I've had...all the concerts, getting to meet great players...just becoming friends with everyone who came into the store. FYI, Tone Merchants went thru an ownership change last year; they are now partnered with Rack Systems, LTD. (Dave Friedman's outfit), and the new shop out in No. Hollywood combines both businesses.. I wish them all the best in their new endeavors!!

As Mark mentioned, there will indeed be a brand new shop opening shortly in Anaheim, and we hope to make it interesting and comfortable for players of all types. I'll just keep Mark informed as to the goings on...(don't want to be a spammer!) and he probably can pass on info if he chooses to do so...

In the meantime, I'll just be hangin' round here enjoying guitar talk (or whatever's percolatin')...glad to make everyone's acquaintance!

Noel E.

Hi Mark (and everyone else!),

Great forum you have here. I'm the former manager of Tone Merchants that Mark mentioned earlier...

It's indeed sad that the ol' shop has relocated...my time there was probably the most fun I've had...all the concerts, getting to meet great players...just becoming friends with everyone who came into the store. FYI, Tone Merchants went thru an ownership change last year; they are now partnered with Rack Systems, LTD. (Dave Friedman's outfit), and the new shop out in No. Hollywood combines both businesses.. I wish them all the best in their new endeavors!!

As Mark mentioned, there will indeed be a brand new shop opening shortly in Anaheim, and we hope to make it interesting and comfortable for players of all types. I'll just keep Mark informed as to the goings on...don't want to be a spammer!) and he probably can pass on info if he chooses to do so...

In the meantime, I'll just be hangin' round here enjoying guitar talk (or whatever's percolatin')...glad to make everyone's acquaintance!

Noel E.

:Wave:

Hi Noel!

Do you have a website for the new place yet? Or what kinds of stuff you're going to be carrying? I'm just excited to have a new "non-GC/Sam Ash" place to send my students to for the stuff we don't carry here at Premier.

Anyhow, make yourself at home!

he don't know what he's in for, do he?

Oh...I dunno 'bout that :grin:

I've had my controversial days in the past (and I mean the PAST), in other forums of "less distinguished repute"...:wink:

But I've since then learned to keep a bit of low profile! Especially after entering into the retail end of the guitar world. Didn't take all that long to realize that impartiality was best served by silent observation on my part...and maintaining an even-tempered objectivity, which in my case means "enjoy, but don't get embroiled" when it comes to the more "spicey" goings-on...

Mark...as for the website...we're working on getting a fully functional site up, hopefully by the time the shop actually opens. i just have a static page for now: www.perfectonemusic.com

Got a few brands listed, but we're gathering steam and talking to a lot more manufacturers...especially since Tone Merchants closed the Orange store. Phone's been ringin', that's for sure. We're starting small and carefully...but I'm sure our lineup will be changing rapidly as things progress....

Oh...I dunno 'bout that :grin:

I've had my controversial days in the past (and I mean the PAST), in other forums of "less distinguished repute"...:wink:

But I've since then learned to keep a bit of low profile! Especially after entering into the retail end of the guitar world. Didn't take all that long to realize that impartiality was best served by silent observation on my part...and maintaining an even-tempered objectivity, which in my case means "enjoy, but don't get embroiled" when it comes to the more "spicey" goings-on...

Mark...as for the website...we're working on getting a fully functional site up, hopefully by the time the shop actually opens. i just have a static page for now: www.perfectonemusic.com

Got a few brands listed, but we're gathering steam and talking to a lot more manufacturers...especially since Tone Merchants closed the Orange store. Phone's been ringin', that's for sure. We're starting small and carefully...but I'm sure our lineup will be changing rapidly as things progress....

I think we've all been "forum buttheads" at some point or another. :grin:

One of the things about this place is that folks are pretty cool....I've got some fairly strict policies about trolling and trouble making that keep this a relatively nice place to hang :)

This thread isn't about the Nightwish dvd, End Of An Era? :(

:rawk:

Did the Tone Merchants have a club/venue? I think that Al Estrada video I like to post of him in that Van Halen tribute band playing 'I'm The One'...there is a big Tone Merchants sign behind the band or some such...

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread isn't about the Nightwish dvd, End Of An Era? :(

:rawk:

Did the Tone Merchants have a club/venue? I think that Al Estrada video I like to post of him in that Van Halen tribute band playing 'I'm The One'...there is a big Tone Merchants sign behind the band or some such...

Yeah...htere is a bunch of Guthrie Govan stuff on Youtube where he played in the performance room there but it was mainly a boutique music store...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back