Super Size Me

Unfortunately even the gross-out factor hasn't completely broken the hold on me. Still an excellent movie though.

Last edited:
I've got a hangup with movies like that. The message is good, but the approach is so extreme it just turns me off.

Unfortunately even the gross-out factor has completely broken the hold on me. Still an excellent movie though.

My perspective has changed considerably after playing a memorial concert for a woman my age who leaves behind a husband and 3 young children.

I've got a hangup with movies like that. The message is good, but the approach is so extreme it just turns me off.

Just about anything like this has to be extreme to make a point. I think they played up the health issues towards the end to give the story some "zing".

I watched it on Hulu quite awhile ago. It didnt really tell me anything i didnt know already. If every bite of food that you eat comes from McDonalds for a month straight, i'd expect that to be pretty bad for you.

My perspective has changed considerably after playing a memorial concert for a woman my age who leaves behind a husband and 3 young children.

I had an easier time quitting smoking and kicking regular drug use than I have with losing weight.

I had an easier time quitting smoking and kicking regular drug use than I have with losing weight.

You mean fast food is bad for you?

:confused:

I thought it was full of vitamins and shit. I've tried to cut out fast food but it's tough when you're on the road alot.

I watched it on Hulu quite awhile ago. It didnt really tell me anything i didnt know already. If every bite of food that you eat comes from McDonalds for a month straight, i'd expect that to be pretty bad for you.

We all know eating like that is bad. It's also hard to stop. Sometimes I personally need my nose rubbed in the obvious to start making changes, though.

Just about anything like this has to be extreme to make a point. I think they played up the health issues towards the end to give the story some "zing".

Anyone that needs to see someone overeat daily for a month probably won't get the point that even eating like that to a lesser degree is not healthy.

Anyone that needs to see someone overeat daily for a month probably won't get the point that even eating like that to a lesser degree is not healthy.

I think portion control is just as big of an issue as the quality of the food it's self. THat is what I struggle with the most. I eat healthy but I still eat to much.

...they made us watch that in High School Health Class...I remember that guy had a show in FX after that, it was pretty interesting...

I think portion control is just as big of an issue as the quality of the food it's self. THat is what I struggle with the most. I eat healthy but I still eat to much.

That is. I've been working on that especially this week. My doctor just told me recently that if I just ate half of what I normally would I'd be in pretty good shape. :facepalm:

Back