All fast food still sucks...

paulskirocks

Blue Zone Compliant
...which is why we are making mahi fish tacos, black beans, rice pilaf, and steamed artichokes for lunch...:)

That sounds fantastic!! If I had your mad kitchen skillz, I'd probably think the same. But until then... I favor Wendy's if it has to be fast food.

Sounds great! We're going to a memorial concert in a couple of hours (I have to play a little bit) and they have food but I don't know what it is.

My fridge has been empty for three days, I didn't get home until 6 a.m. and my first move upon waking up this morning was to call Chinese Delivery. canigobacktobednow? :annoyed:

Hey I'm a fast food addict! I don't eat it all that much any more because the wife is a good cook and likes to feed me but I can sure dig a Double Quarter Pounder or a Whopper every now and then.

The fish tacos sounds great though. Now I'm hungry.:facepalm:

My fridge has been empty for three days, I didn't get home until 6 a.m. and my first move upon waking up this morning was to call Chinese Delivery. canigobacktobednow? :annoyed:

You can get Chinese delivery at 6:embarrassed:0 AM ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Holy crap, that's awesome!

I just had a greasy homemade 1/4 lb burger on toast, cooked in a frying ppan in order to soak up and marinate in it's own grease cheese drool0eat0

where's your new job? you live in or near the mecca of dining experiences...

Jamaica Center. it's all fast food. there's a nearby food court that is all independent stands, and it's still fast food.

i do try to bring lunch regularly though. it's cheaper and even with deli sandwiches, there's way too much sodium.

Jamaica Center. it's all fast food. there's a nearby food court that is all independent stands, and it's still fast food.

i do try to bring lunch regularly though. it's cheaper and even with deli sandwiches, there's way too much sodium.

...queens...doesn't anybody have a decent bistro in queens?

...queens...doesn't anybody have a decent bistro in queens?

of course, there's plenty where i live. just not where i work. it's fine, i shouldn't be buying lunch anyway. i'd rather save that money and go out for a nice dinner once a week instead.

a sound financial plan...

Astoria has gotten very trendy over the past couple of years. there's cool places to eat all over. Jamaica Center is under major renovation. the city has sunk a lot of money into revitalizing the area. hopefully that trend will continue, though i don't see it being a trendy place to live, ever.

Jamaica has a major image issue to vercome...no amount of revtalization financing is going to change an entire generation's attitude about the neigborhood...

...your in Astoria?...I always thought you were in manhattan...

I remember a Greek seafood place in Astoria--Elias's Corner I think its name was. I ate charcoal grilled octopus, and it looked like something they serve at a Klingon restaurant on Startrek Deep Space 9. Tasted great though.

I remember a Greek seafood place in Astoria--Elias's Corner I think its name was. I ate charcoal grilled octopus, and it looked like something they serve at a Klingon restaurant on Startrek Deep Space 9. Tasted great though.

Elias' Corner is great, if not a little scary. you have to get past the fish staring back at you as you eat it.

Jello - i've been in Astoria for 7 years now. Strings and Mazi Bee are the Manhattanites.

Astoria has gotten very trendy over the past couple of years. there's cool places to eat all over. Jamaica Center is under major renovation. the city has sunk a lot of money into revitalizing the area. hopefully that trend will continue, though i don't see it being a trendy place to live, ever.

Is that where the train station is? From the platform it used to look like a set from "Escape from New York".

Back