I'm hooked on Dr Pepper

Never thought that would ever happen. I initially hated the taste of it, went and bought a bottle every now and then to see if things had changed, but no dice. Then one day, the local grocery store had imported several cans of Dr Pepper, like this one:

dr_pepper_can1.jpg

Wow! I don't know if it's because it's on a can rather than a plastic bottle, or that it has different ingredients, but this was something else! Along with Pepsi, this is now my alternative to trusty ol' Coke. No idea if Coke and Pepsi tastes differently in the States, but I like it just fine the way it is.

I've been on the Dr. lately also. I don't really like it in plastic bottles much either. I like cans or from the fountain.

So,

You're a "pepper" too now I see...

You understand that this reference is completely lost on him, right? I don't think this campaign got much play in Norway.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the plastic-bottled Diet Dr. Pepper.

The "Wild Cherry" Diet, however - tastes like spoilt Robitussin :puke:

Never thought that would ever happen. I initially hated the taste of it, went and bought a bottle every now and then to see if things had changed, but no dice. Then one day, the local grocery store had imported several cans of Dr Pepper, like this one:

dr_pepper_can1.jpg

Wow! I don't know if it's because it's on a can rather than a plastic bottle, or that it has different ingredients, but this was something else! Along with Pepsi, this is now my alternative to trusty ol' Coke. No idea if Coke and Pepsi tastes differently in the States, but I like it just fine the way it is.

In Texas you can get Dr. Pepper the way they used to make it, with real sugar.

You understand that this reference is completely lost on him, right? I don't think this campaign got much play in Norway.

Yes, it was my weak attempt at a Yankee inside joke...

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried one of the plastic bottles again, tasted like shit. Checked the ingredients, and it contained sugar and artificial sweeteners. The cans contain sugar and corn syrup.

Okay, case solved.

I have been pretty successful in not drinking much pop since January, but Dr Pepper was never on my 'like' list. It is Mrs D's fave soda, but something in the mixture did not agree with my digestive system - and the same goes for most coke products.

Back