Check out the guitar I odered today

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
I can't wait to get my hands on this one; it has the best atributes of a strat and a tele all in one!

That's what I though too. It's a limited release guitar for 2010. You can't beat a cream strat style guitar with the reverse headstock. I also love the tele pup in the bridge since I find a strat's bridge pup to be completely useless. I'll post picks as soon as it gets here.

:grin:

yeah, the controls are a little different. The knob on the upper bout is the bass contour control.

yeah, the controls are a little different. The knob on the upper bout is the bass contour control.

i've still never played a Reverend, but i'm really interested in that bass contour control. one of these days, i'll find a Roundhouse or a Sensei and have my way with it.

I *love* the bass contour knob on my Ron Asheton. I leave it rolled down half-way of the time on the neck and middle settings, but in the bridge I'll crank it all the way up. That plus the three p90s make iot the most versatile guitar I own.

The bass contour control is a very usefull feature. It really helps the versitility of the guitar. I can cut the p-90's in my jetstream down to sound like single coils, or dial them up to near humbucker like tone.

(yes I know p-90's are single coils)

Last edited:
That's what I though too. It's a limited release guitar for 2010. You can't beat a cream strat style guitar with the reverse headstock. I also love the tele pup in the bridge since I find a strat's bridge pup to be completely useless. I'll post picks as soon as it gets here.

:grin:

The problem is that most strat bridge pickups ARE usless because they are too thin and shrill. A good strat bridge pickup will be bright but still have some balls.

Mmmmm!!! NOICE!! :thu: Me likes Reverends! To this day, I wonder if I would have been better off in '05, getting the H-H Club King I tried out, instead of the Artcore AS73 I bought. The bass contour control is kind of cool. The humbucker equipped Club King I tried out had it. Depending upon how you set the control, you could go from a sort of beefy sounding Fender single coil sound, to full on humbucker.

Back