So is forum life in general slowing down?

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
I've been swamped the last week or so here at work and I'm staying out of HC so my own time has been limited a bit but it seems like all of the forums I've checked out this week seems to have slowed recently. Maybe TGP and TDPRI aren't in the wake of HC 2.0....:shrug:

What do you guys think?

I have slowed up a bit, although i usually check in. I spend a lot of time scouring the interwebs for cheap buggy parts these days. :embarrassed:

But the folks here are still the best.

I've been too busy this week to do much on here and this weekend is going to be worse. Oh well, wedding is Sunday and then I'm off the hook for two weeks, except for Rollerderby next Saturday with my step-sis.

It has been a bit slow. I think some of the initial refugees have returned to HC. The traffic here seems to have leveled out a bit to probably the level it will stay at. It is still busier overall than before the HC 2.0 debacle - especially the guitar forum.

Slower, but that's okay. People are now well aware of what alternatives they have to HC if that forum doesn't suit their fancy. I stopped by LiveRuckus last night, and it was still crawling with life. I have no idea what happens over at the Hate/Ring of Ire Forum, or if it's working at all.

Since I've become more and more interested in the technical side of guitar playing, in particular theory and how the instruments themselves work, I don't think I'd be spending too much time in forums that weren't dedicated to those subjects. Sad, but true. Wein Central works because it has a great balance between the shooting of shit and typical guitar things. Guitar Jam, great as it's always been, is not really about any of that, and HCEG isn't really my crowd for more serious guitar banter.

maybe more people went back to work or it's fishing season now :)

but in the evening hours Asian and morning Europe time it is a bit quite these days

The weather is still shit here, so I'll still be posting. :embarrassed:

On the other hand, I have some more travelling for work coming up, so in those cases I won't be posting. :shrug:

I've been too busy with uni work/revision, guitar and biking to poast as much as "usual" on forums :shrug:

It does, it helps immensely.

Are all Germans this helpful? :embarrassed:

Im not German! Although i do 'speaka da lingo'. I could be a spy, no hang on, they shoot spies so sod that.

Germans and helpful doesnt really go well together. i remember when i first came over here and went shopping. Germans very rarely, if ever, hold doors open for you whereas in England everyone does so if you follow someone into a dept store you can expect to get a swinging door in your face.

I was about to declare war when i realised they all do it. I still dont though, i hold doors open for people because i have manners.

Im not German! Although i do 'speaka da lingo'. I could be a spy, no hang on, they shoot spies so sod that.

Germans and helpful doesnt really go well together. i remember when i first came over here and went shopping. Germans very rarely, if ever, hold doors open for you whereas in England everyone does so if you follow someone into a dept store you can expect to get a swinging door in your face.

I was about to declare war when i realised they all do it. I still dont though, i hold doors open for people because i have manners.

Hmm I've never noticed that when I've been to Deutschland. Perhaps they just don't hold the door open for you because you're British. :embarrassed:

Back