Links to my clips and vids

Jkater

soundclick page

Bossa nova:

felicidad I'm a bit proud of this one because I found all the chords by ear. I had no charts for it.
Wave A beautiful song.
Desafinado I sing in portugese and have no clue what on earth the words means. That one has about 45 different chords in it... :eek:

Standards:

sweet Georgia brown My comping here is "ragtime" style which doesn't fit but what the hey.
Star fell on alabama smooth jazz
autumn leaves
Honey suckle rose
Take five I had to cut the middle part of his improvisation as it was very long. I made the arrangeent for the comping following what I heard the piano does.
Gee, baby, ain't I good to you? Bluesy
How high the moon

My youtube channel

My two newest vids:

[YOUTUBE]_6LHlJK-RS0[/YOUTUBE]

An earlier one with bad sound quality.

My first youtube vid, a cover of an arrangement by fellow HCEGer, friend and REAL jazzer, MikeSF (Mike Oria):

and here is Mike playing it... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^Hell, you are doing a pretty darn good job of playing that tune, yourself... I have never learned to play like this... And, I don't have the patience...

^^^Hell, you are doing a pretty darn good job of playing that tune, yourself... I have never learned to play like this... And, I don't have the patience...

Thanks Paul. I can garantee you that you can play stuff that you are certain you could never play. when I started learning that piece, I thought i could only go so far and little by little, I learned it all. I don't have Mike's chops but I could manage a rendition that has its own color and groove.

I had time to listen to Wobegon, very nice really felt that you had the "Chet" feel in there

will listen to more later

good play'n "picken" there

Back