So, I went to Trader Joe's for the first time ever yesterday.....

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
...that 'drool' smiley for the thread is for all the hot babes that were shopping there.

Holy Toledo! :love: :love:

I even had a random hottie come up to me and start talking to me about some Indian food (Jaipur vegetables) that I was looking at buying, how they were her favorite, and that I'd really like 'em, etc. Me, Mr middle-aged, baldy, nerdy, Porcupine Tree t-shirt wearing geek :embarrassed:

Too bad I live almost 90 miles away from that store, and that's the nearest Trader Joe's to where I live :cry:

Oh, and the food I bought: the Jaipur vegetables :grin: a package of Naan bread, Balsamic rice, curry sauce, some organic berry juice, different flavors of the little microwavable boxes of Chinese/Thai food (Pad Thai, Satay, Cashew Chicken, etc.) & some dark chocolate espresso beans. I wished I could've gotten some of the refrigerable stuff, but it would've spoiled by the time I got home.

And on a guitar note, I went to a place in dowtown Ann Arbor, Herb Dean musical intruments, that sold Reverand guitars and tried a few out. 1st time I've even ever seen a Reverand, let alone play one. I tried an SG-looking P-90 one...not bad, and the semi-hollow kinda odd double cutaway looking one w/P-90s.

Both played pretty decently, I was kinda surprised to look down the neck though and see the fret-job looked pretty jumbled on both guitars...lotta frets poking up. A good fret job/dress, and they would've even been better, as good as they played before. Also played a Seagull acoustic that had the fancier sides/back (kinda spalty thing going on w/ wood). 'Meh' didn't really care for it.

Dude, you just now discovered TJs??!! I love that store...

We don't have one where I live. Like I said, this is the nearest one and it's 90 miles away :(

I live fairly close to Kalamazoo, MI, and that would be a great place to put a TJ's in. It would make money, I gaurantee it.
Westnedge Ave. in K'zoo/Portage is one of the top roads in the nation to put a new restaurant on. Fri/Sat nights, almost every restaurant on Westnedge has a waiting list. Jammed packed. Granted, TJ's isn't a restaurant, but with all the yuppies there, + Western Michigan University in town, I would bet a TJ's near one of the busier intersections of Westnedge would be a money maker for sure.

Last edited:
We have one Trader Joe's nearby and when I'm on that side of town a try to go. Unfortunately it's just far enough away that it closes by the time I finish teaching and if I went before I taught I'd have to drive home and unload all the groceries and turn back around for work. Great stuff, but not for all that hassle.

I wish we had one, but the closest store is a 10-12 hour drive from my house.

...that 'drool' smiley for the thread is for all the hot babes that were shopping there.

Holy Toledo! :love: :love:

I even had a random hottie come up to me and start talking to me about some Indian food (Jaipur vegetables) that I was looking at buying, how they were her favorite, and that I'd really like 'em, etc. Me, Mr middle-aged, baldy, nerdy, Porcupine Tree t-shirt wearing geek :embarrassed:

Too bad I live almost 90 miles away from that store, and that's the nearest Trader Joe's to where I live :cry:

Oh, and the food I bought: the Jaipur vegetables :grin: a package of Naan bread, Balsamic rice, curry sauce, some organic berry juice, different flavors of the little microwavable boxes of Chinese/Thai food (Pad Thai, Satay, Cashew Chicken, etc.) & some dark chocolate espresso beans. I wished I could've gotten some of the refrigerable stuff, but it would've spoiled by the time I got home.

And on a guitar note, I went to a place in dowtown Ann Arbor, Herb Dean musical intruments, that sold Reverand guitars and tried a few out. 1st time I've even ever seen a Reverand, let alone play one. I tried an SG-looking P-90 one...not bad, and the semi-hollow kinda odd double cutaway looking one w/P-90s.

Both played pretty decently, I was kinda surprised to look down the neck though and see the fret-job looked pretty jumbled on both guitars...lotta frets poking up. A good fret job/dress, and they would've even been better, as good as they played before. Also played a Seagull acoustic that had the fancier sides/back (kinda spalty thing going on w/ wood). 'Meh' didn't really care for it.

if you go next time just bring and ice chest ..........*or you could go during the winter and just leave it on you roof Michigan cold weather joke* :embarrassed:

edit....I noticed it's toledo close enough eh

Back