Do you like this guitar and is it worth $450?

F

fanuvbrak

epi07sgstandard-custshop-blue-fmt.jpg

2007 Epiphone Custom Shop SG Deluxe, (front/back), (headstock), (case). Limited Edition model which was produced in very low number for each of Epiphone's top dealers. Features include set-neck construction with solid mahogany body with a stunning flamed maple top, gold hardware, Alnico V humbuckers, slim taper mahogany neck, Grover tuners, Custom Shop seal on back of headstock, Tuneomatic bridge and stop tailpiece, and small '61 style pickguard. This guitar features a gloss finish over a blue stain - looks the same as PRS Blue Matteo over the maple, while it's darker on back over the mahogany. The combination of light blue stain and gold hardware makes it a great looking stage guitar and the low setup and sweet SG tone make it even better. Appears to be unplayed except for a few minor pickguard scratches and overall nicer than many new guitars hanging in your local store. With a nice arched top SG case, a nice buy at $450.

Howie need not respond.

Um....

Not a fan of SGs.... the blue flame is very Myxstix-y.... He may like it, I'm going to say pass.

No and no.......

I used to own a Ephiphone Limited Edition Custom Shop LP. Meh best described it........

No and no, you can get a faded Gibson SG in that price range that is going to sound, play and look much better.

Sometimes I wish I would have kept my SG, it was a 1970 Gibson SG Special with two p90s, the exact same guitar Pete Townshend bashed Abbey Hoffman in the head with at Woodstock.

I hate the EPI headstock. If they are going to copy the body why not just make the headstock look good too.

Seeing it on my computer instead of my iPod sticks the flaws out more. :embarrassed:

Gold hardware and headstock need to go. Other than that beautiful guitar IMO....

Back