I need some help from you PS3 guys...

F

fanuvbrak

I have a PS3. It's connected wirelessly to the internet via my network. In the menu area, it has a thing called "Steve's Computer".

If both my PC and my PS3 are hooked up to the same network, can I access my computer on my PS3?

I use tversity - It's a free media server. Once you install it and tell it were your music, videos, and images are you can view/play (stream) them into the PS3 interface. Windows 7 *may* have it built in to WMP - not sure though.

I use tversity - It's a free media server. Once you install it and tell it were your music, videos, and images are you can view/play (stream) them into the PS3 interface. Windows 7 *may* have it built in to WMP - not sure though.

Yes, using a media server is the best. It makes watching movies/TV shows outrageously easy. I only learned a few months ago that the PS3 could do this. To think that all this time I had it and never used it to it's full potential. I feel I mistreated her:(

PS3 Exclusives? Uncharted and God of War are my favourites so far. Non-exclusives I normally get for my 360 because I think it's the better system overall. I did get Final Fantasy XIII for PS3 though and will be picking it up tomorrow night at midnight! :love:

Yes, using a media server is the best. It makes watching movies/TV shows outrageously easy. I only learned a few months ago that the PS3 could do this. To think that all this time I had it and never used it to it's full potential. I feel I mistreated her:(

I did that on my 360 until I got Netflix. I fucking love streaming instantly.

I have been hearing that graphically the PS3 version of FFXIII is much better than the 360 version.

Not to start a Console War

Yeah... I like MW2 online play (campaign mode was pretty dull) ... there is just something I like about playing against/with real people ... I can't get started on another MMO (I just got off a long addiction to WoW) so I'll stick with shooters... Just picked up BC2 this weekend.

I stream Netflix on my PS3 - love it too... looking forward to the end of the year when they can get rid of the disk that needs to go in each time.

I have never gotten into MMOs, but that is because my computer sucks. I will likely try The Old Republic though. When Final Fantasy XIV comes out I will get into that too probably. It is going to be a PC/PS3 MMO

I have been hearing that graphically the PS3 version of FFXIII is much better than the 360 version.

Not to start a Console War

Not just that, but I have a little more faith since the past 5 games have been PS exclusive. Plus, PS3 one is one disc... 360 is five! :eek:

Yeah... I like MW2 online play (campaign mode was pretty dull) ... there is just something I like about playing against/with real people ... I can't get started on another MMO (I just got off a long addiction to WoW) so I'll stick with shooters... Just picked up BC2 this weekend.

I stream Netflix on my PS3 - love it too... looking forward to the end of the year when they can get rid of the disk that needs to go in each time.

It blows my mind that people will spend 60 bucks on a game that isn't really a game. They could release it as DLC (like Battlefield 1942) and I might consider playing it online, but $60 is way too much for that crap. Hell, buy the Orange Box and play Team Fortress online for $20, plus you get Half-Life and PORTAL! :love::love:

It blows my mind that people will spend 60 bucks on a game that isn't really a game. They could release it as DLC (like Battlefield 1942) and I might consider playing it online, but $60 is way too much for that crap. Hell, buy the Orange Box and play Team Fortress online for $20, plus you get Half-Life and PORTAL! :love::love:

I am willing to bet that I get many more hours of enjoyment out MW2 then any single player game though. In fact I think I am at 5 days played right now in MW2. If you figure $/hours I bet I come out with a better value. Its just preference, I like playing against humans that are not predicable it adds a whole new dimension to it. Try it you may like it, buy a used copy or rent it. Just don't quit in the first few min because you will get owned until you get used to the maps and controls.

I don't like shooters on the PC - I like my PS3 controller :)

I am willing to bet that I get many more hours of enjoyment out MW2 then any single player game though. In fact I think I am at 5 days played right now in MW2. If you figure $/hours I bet I come out with a better value. Its just preference, I like playing against humans that are not predicable it adds a whole new dimension to it. Try it you may like it, buy a used copy or rent it. Just don't quit in the first few min because you will get owned until you get used to the maps and controls.

I don't like shooters on the PC - I like my PS3 controller :)

I've played it. Game is a $60 plastic TURD. I think you're missing the point about hours/$$ though. Fallout 3 was $60 bucks, has incredibly good AI and I've gotten 70+ hours each play. If MW was available as DLC at a reasonable cost I'd buy it, but there are way better options, even if you do want to play against other people, for a lot cheaper.

Well, IMO MW2 is the best shooter on the PS3 right now... I'll swing the 60 bucks for a good game.

Well, IMO MW2 is the best shooter on the PS3 right now... I'll swing the 60 bucks for a good game.

Borderlands.

Borderlands is probably the best shooter of any kind I've ever played. I have it on my 360 and I join up with my friends and we just fuck shit up. My guy is a gunslinger who can drop most baddies in a couple of seconds. I'd recommend buying it ASAP.

Back