Mooer pedals

Chad

Slender Hobbit
yay or nay?

I have room on my board for 2 mini pedals and I’d like a flanger or chorus or maybe both. I tried one of their Reverb pedals a couple of years ago and it was a little too noisy for me.

I’m always suspicious of the cheap little pedals but I;be had a few students bring in Mooer and Donner stuff and they aren’t as awful as I expected.

I’m always suspicious of the cheap little pedals but I;be had a few students bring in Mooer and Donner stuff and they aren’t as awful as I expected.

I stared this thread before I checked them on Reverb. For some reason, I thought they were cheaper, like $50 new. They are $88 new for the some of them. I can get an MXR or Boss for cheaper than that. I’ll just have to get creative with my board.

They sound good, take up very little space, don't cost much (good used prices), and in my experience they're solidly built.

I can't think of any flaws. If I didn't love my BB Preamp and MXR Carbon Copy, I could definitely see myself having a pedal board with only Mooer pedals.

I like my Rat clone ( Black Secret).
It is small and does what I need.
There are a few other dirt pedals I am looking at now.

Into the rabbit hole I go.

Geronimo!

I stared this thread before I checked them on Reverb. For some reason, I thought they were cheaper, like $50 new. They are $88 new for the some of them. I can get an MXR or Boss for cheaper than that. I’ll just have to get creative with my board.
Besides the pot issue how do you like the Phase 95?

Mooer seems to be a step up from the cheaper mini pedals. Decent construction, decent sounds. My only issue with them is the controls are tiny and my eyes are getting old.

No experience with them or the Doners, but my understanding is that they're on pretty equal footing as the JOYO stuff. My JOYO Stereo Chorus sounds great, but is definitely noisier than I'd prefer, and for some reason it noticeably boosts the signal volume when engaged (or, it's neutering the signal when disengaged).

My JOYO Quattro Delay is one of the greatest pedals ever. I defy anyone to try it and not instantly fall in love with it. It's a mini pedal for starters, so it has a very small footprint. It's VERY solidly built, each of the 4 different delay types sound freaking fantastic and are very tweakable provided you don't mind the tiny little knobs. It is dead silent, no noise or artifacts. The Analog mode is to die for! At 60 bucks or whatever it was new, it was the deal of the century, and cheap enough to justify buying a second as a back up if you're paranoid about gigging a cheap Chinese pedal.

It's a bad motorscooter.

I used both JOYO pedals in this video. The JOYO delay does the heavy lifting. I synced the delay times on it and my old ARIA Analog Delay so that the ARIA was on throughout the song, but at a MUCH lower volume. The JOYO got switched off during the verses. Pretty much all the delay you hear is the JOYO.

Besides the pot issue how do you like the Phase 95?

It’s weird. I pulled it off the board last night to take it apart and look at it. I tried twisting the knob again and it was fine.

The pedal is pretty good. So far I like it best with both buttons pressed down. I’ll play with it a little more this week, but I like it.

I just ordered my very first flanger, a Mooer Eleclady. Dan from That Pedal Show has been raving about this for some time, and I do want to try out modulation that isn't chorus.

Any experience with this particular pedal?

My only mini pedal is a Maleko E Filter. Very simple controls, 2 knobs, works great.
I have a Joyo tremelo, regular sized, also works great.
Mini pedals are great if
1.you have means to power them(no batteries)
2. Not too many knobs crammed on for such a small space.

I’ve got 2 on my small board, and I’ve owned several more. The reecho is a great delay, the black secret is a convincing Rat clone, and the tuner works well. The only one that’s disappointed me is the shimverb.

Back