Oh well hey there guys, now there is video from the other night's ridiculous gig, yes there is!

So a few weeks ago I posted an ad trying to find a rhythm section for a rockabilly trio. I got some interest from a few different folks, including a bassist and drummer package deal. I've been talking back and forth with the bassist for a while and yesterday our e-mail conversation went like this.

The ad I posted, in case you want to see it: https://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/muc/d/still-looking-for-rockabilly/6402782772.html

smurfco: (sends rockabilly set list, which includes some country-ish tunes like Johnny Cash)
bassist: We need to keep things upbeat, also I don't want to play any country. Do you know any newer tunes, Green Day, Killers, Nirvana?
smurfco: ....um, I want this to be a 50s/60s rockabilly band, no newer songs. And a lot of rockabilly is very country flavored.
bassist: well, that will never work if you want to play a lot of bars. We also need to add some SRV.
smurfco: I don't want to waste your time but I think you and I have different goals here, I don't think it's a good fit.
bassist: well that's okay, here's a set list of 50s/60s rock (and it actually is). Want to play a gig Wednesday night?
smurfco: As in the day after tomorrow? Where?
bassist: There's a dive bar that runs an open jam with a backline, I'm friends with the guy that runs it. He says we can play a whole set. Yes day after tomorrow.
smurfco: Sure, why not?

I wonder how this will go...

sounds like an idiot. If he can't read and understand you want to do rockabilly then it's a big red flag.

Rockabilly rules! Best of luck. I'll be going to Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly weekend in April...Perhaps see you there ...

I’m 99.9% certain that smurfco is now hamburger meat, just waiting to be consumed by the Big Billy’s reglars

aaa5b3e94e10975a6974dce9959801c1--films-cinema-cinema-posters.jpg

1.) Delicatessen was one fucking amazing movie.

2.) I am thinking deeply on the Nancy Sinatra cover band idea. "Some Velvet Evening?"
Edit: MUST be female impersonator. "Francy Sinatra." Does BOTH Frank and Nancy covers, in the style of 1993-era Urge Overkill, with video backdrop of Rat Pack movies interspliced with footage of Warhol Factory stars and Syrian combat quick-cuts.

Jesus, I've got to stop dropping acid on school nights.

Last edited:
Back