That 70's dude

I'm sure that is absolutely the case for some.

It's a terrible idea for me to comment on anything not relating to guitars in this group without eventually being accused of being a rapist sympathizer so I wont. Just trying to see things from all sides and not jump to conclusions about anyone.

I guess I sort of figure that anybody who's swinging pipe needs to sort of shut up about this topic and let it run its course. At least that what my wife and daughter told me...

BTW - re: Masterson, I'm totally not shocked. The guy always did seem like a leering POS on "That 70s Show"...

There's certainly different sides to truth, and reading from multiple sources on multiple sides of the aisle is always best. But systematic oppression and male dominance does indeed exist in this world. You're not the rapist. You didn't do it. If he didn't do it, he will be exonerated.

I guess that's what I mean to say just didn't have the proper language.

I guess I sort of figure that anybody who's swinging pipe needs to sort of shut up about this topic and let it run its course. At least that what my wife and daughter told me...

BTW - re: Masterson, I'm totally not shocked. The guy always did seem like a leering POS on "That 70s Show"...

Yeah, I get that. The thing with this guy is he is accused of RAPE, not inappropriate behavior. And not by 1 but 4 women. How does that happen? But yeah, I'll just have to see how that all shakes out.

Yeah, I get that. The thing with this guy is he is accused of RAPE, not inappropriate behavior. And not by 1 but 4 women. How does that happen? But yeah, I'll just have to see how that all shakes out.

This is indeed a problem. How do men get away with raping 4 women? Hopefully, the answer is, they don't.

Having seen what a woman goes through at a rape trial, how she is accused of dressing provocatively, how her sex life is discussed in court to discredit her testimony, how some judges treat rape as "boys being boys", I am not a bit surprised that women would be reluctant to come forward.

Have Scientology zombies chimed in an the allegations yet?

I believe one of the women was a member.

I suspect as with all of these, there are many who said yes. Some of those may have had no shame or issue in trading favors and some may have said yes out of desperation or fear. We wont really ever know which is which if they all end up as accusers. It ends up wrong all the way around. Wrong to trade sex for parts. Wrong to turn around and accuse the guy when you were a willing participant. Very wrong to engage either way, even if they said yes out of desperation or fear. And wrong not to say something when it happened.

I'm mostly confused by those coming forward 20 or 30 years later, especially if they have been out of the business. I never want to give the impression I'm defending a creep but that makes me scratch my head a little.
Like you, would never want the thought I’m defending a rapist, but patting an ass 10-15 years ago doesn’t sound like it’s time to leave an honorable career. But maybe it really has to get outlandishly bad before it evens out and men actually see their point. Until then it’s a witch pursuit in a sense.

You’d like to think justice will prevail, good guys exonerated, bad guys put away. There’s gonna be lots of creepy guys still standing tall, and lots of not creepy guys tried in the media, and blacklisted.

He'll likely pay his way out of it. They all will. Hopefully though, generationally, things will change.

Who didn't?

Buddy Morgan

Back