Concerts - Favorite of 2016 and Looking Forward To 2017

I could go to a concert tonight with an extremely hot redhead, and she invited me!

Call me crazy, but I declined. I'm not that interested in seeing Hollywood Undead, and I'm under no illusion that she wanted me to go because she's interested in me. She just wanted somebody to go with, and we talk about going to various shows all the time (work at the same place, plus friends on FB)

Another guy I work with is going with her to the show, so it's not like I left her high and dry with no one to go with :embarrassed:

Bought a ticket to see Nightwish at the Kalamazoo State Theater, for March 2018. $65 for the ticket (fairly close to front-center) and $20+ for the Ticketmaster fees :(

They went on sale quite awhile ago, like in June, and there are still tons of tickets. The place isn't super big, either. If it were at say, Royal Oak Music Theater over near Detroit, it would've been sold out already. Since it's the only MI date on this tour, I'm surprised all the Detroit area fans aren't grabbing up tickets.

Going to see Gowan on Dec 7.
A friend of ours is a huge fan and asked if we wanted to go for a night out.

While looking up the event date, I noticed that Burton Cummings is playing the same venue in January. So, I snagged a pair of tickets for that.

Completely forgot about posting about it, but last weekends Queen concert in Lithuania was absolutely fabulous.
Finally got to see one of my biggest guitar heroes in Brian live...but what struck me was... holy shit - Adam Lambert is one hell of a singer. Just a perfect fit for that band.
Spot on for the entire show. When I get unbelievably drunk after a show it's pretty good. :grin:

Well, the St Vincent show is crazy.

Starts with a Horror/Black Comedy cinematic short. Written, directed and scored by Annie. About 15 minutes long. Weekend at Bernie's crossed with American Beauty, I guess? It was really weird.

1st set starts low key, black curtains and low light. 3 songs from each previous album in perfect chronological order...by both year of release and track listing. 12 songs in all. Around song 8 it takes a hard turn into space-funk with a sexy rainbow vampire stage thing going on. Very Metal. 45 minutes long

3 minute intermission.

2nd set is the new album start to finish and there are dedicated films on the screen for each track. Very bright day-glo psychedelia that matches the aesthetic of the album. Art rock extreme. Maybe 50 minutes and that's it. No encore. Numerous guitar changes featuring her sig EBMM with all the wild custom finishes on full display.

It was truly dope.

Screenshot(2).png

Iced Earth just announced their 2018 North American tour dates yesterday.

Their Detroit show is the same night as the Nightwish show I just bought tickets to :(

Those guys rule.

New guy on guitar this year. Mr. Jimmy- Jimmy Sakarai. Looked quite the young Jimmy, completely nailed the moves. Some new tunes, No Quarter and Down By The Seaside, maybe Wanton Song too, can't remember if they did that last year. Some cool home video of Jason as a youngin'

We got reserved seats for the Artpark Tuesday concert season next year.

It’s usually a good but varied lineup.
So far, they have Barenaked Ladies booked. :/

We used my brother in law's tickets for some of the shows this year and saw 54-40 and Randy Bachman, Big Bad Voodoo Dady and Brian Setzer, Warren Haynes (I forget who opened for him).

ZZTop has played this series a lot in the past.

So, there’s hope.

Back