On the road!

Random.

Parked in front of an O'Reilly Auto Parts store... yeah, good luck buddy.
d3892f3e6507d3c0618b3990a6d2909a.jpg
i wonder if that's a 'reserved' parking spot:grin:

Reactions: Tig
My favorite Yellow Alfa was parked at my Hand Surgeon's office again this morning, but take a close look at the first pic for a preview of what constituted a serious double stiffy...

0c1b07e2f2f05a9b9e20b7e7e858db03.jpg
53ff396ba32c70be17703139680c3485.jpg
2ca886cecef6bcdccecbec850c8582db.jpg
de61396c7945e73ffaef463fef1821d0.jpg
83dbd3f195ffc0fea9973ab1ea546a37.jpg
8b6cef5d4d525273e75c6c078cf81412.jpg
4675d0d41611f4c286c43c3f643c6f1f.jpg
6b526c6e0a1a5d9e88599326e1f950c2.jpg

My favorite Yellow Alfa was parked at my Hand Surgeon's office again this morning, but take a close look at the first pic for a preview of what constituted a serious double stiffy...

love the TR6.
but i don't see what so important about a white mini van in those first 2 pics. :grin:

oh.....yea...i see a yellow Alfa too.
rotflmao

Reactions: OGG
love the TR6.
but i don't see what so important about a white mini van in those first 2 pics. :grin:

oh.....yea...i see a yellow Alfa too.
rotflmao
I love the TR-6, always been one of those "someday" cars for me. This one looked as though it was actually a fairly well kept original car rather than a Restoration job. Definitely a factory color, and while the pictures don't show it, the paint had some areas of light oxidation scattered about the body.

I'm guessing it spent most of it's life as a garage queen, which is fine... It's not perfect, but it gets driven at least periodically.

Now, that yellow Alfa is a mystery. It's DEFINITELY original. It's also 100% immaculate inside and out. It's been there every time I've been there, which means it not only gets driven daily, but it sits outside in the sunlight all day, five days a week, uncovered. The car has to be damn near 20 years old. How is it even remotely possible for an Italian car of that of that age (especially an Alfa) to still be driveable, let alone, look like it just left the factory!

There isn't a scratch, dent, ding, scuff... No visible rust, no oxidation. The convertible top looks as good as new, the interior looks perfect from what I could tell.

Best I can figure is that it was likely purchased new and went almost immediately into proper storage where it likely stayed until just recently. Perhaps, as with the perfect condition, low mileage FIAT X1/9 I bought way back when, it belonged to an older couple that only drove it a few times before the husband died and the wife had the car stored professionally. Some Doctor in the building probably got that car from a similar situation via an estate liquidation or similar. What a score. It might be the cleanest example of a Spider Veloce in the US right now.

I love the TR-6, always been one of those "someday" cars for me. This one looked as though it was actually a fairly well kept original car rather than a Restoration job. Definitely a factory color, and while the pictures don't show it, the paint had some areas of light oxidation scattered about the body.

I'm guessing it spent most of it's life as a garage queen, which is fine... It's not perfect, but it gets driven at least periodically.

Now, that yellow Alfa is a mystery. It's DEFINITELY original. It's also 100% immaculate inside and out. It's been there every time I've been there, which means it not only gets driven daily, but it sits outside in the sunlight all day, five days a week, uncovered. The car has to be damn near 20 years old. How is it even remotely possible for an Italian car of that of that age (especially an Alfa) to still be driveable, let alone, look like it just left the factory!

There isn't a scratch, dent, ding, scuff... No visible rust, no oxidation. The convertible top looks as good as new, the interior looks perfect from what I could tell.

Best I can figure is that it was likely purchased new and went almost immediately into proper storage where it likely stayed until just recently. Perhaps, as with the perfect condition, low mileage FIAT X1/9 I bought way back when, it belonged to an older couple that only drove it a few times before the husband died and the wife had the car stored professionally. Some Doctor in the building probably got that car from a similar situation via an estate liquidation or similar. What a score. It might be the cleanest example of a Spider Veloce in the US right now.
Restoration last year??? Just maybe???

I forgot to mention, on my way to Barnstock on the 13th I got passed by one of the new Acura NSX's just outside Morgantown, WV. It was a purple-ish color...kinda in between purple and a dark blue. Looked bad-ass :)

Just like this one but a more purple tint to it:
2017-Acura-NSX-front-three-quarter-motion3.jpg

Spotted these two at the grocery store and the liquor store yesterday. Just about lost my mind on both occasions. The Porsche wasn't a kit car.

etype.jpg

speedster.jpg

There are two kinds of cars in the world, E-Types and cars that wish they were as beautiful as E-Types.
except with Porsches. yes they're beautiful, but they're german efficiency and reliability. they have great curves, but they're a serious driver's cars.

My experience with German cars has taught me they are very good at what they do. You give them and order and they do it. They are cold, heartless, soulless machines. OTOH, I never met 2 E-Types that were the same. They have personality. Having a Porsche is like walking down the street with a vicious dog, you are never sure if it's going to turn on you and eat you (and Porsches will literally turn on you). E-Types are like having a playful Golden Retriever. They'll play as long as you want and you never feel they might kill you. When you're done you feel like you had a good time.

My experience with German cars has taught me they are very good at what they do. You give them and order and they do it. They are cold, heartless, soulless machines. OTOH, I never met 2 E-Types that were the same. They have personality. Having a Porsche is like walking down the street with a vicious dog, you are never sure if it's going to turn on you and eat you (and Porsches will literally turn on you). E-Types are like having a playful Golden Retriever. They'll play as long as you want and you never feel they might kill you. When you're done you feel like you had a good time.
except that E types (and all other british sports cars) are in the shop 7 days a month and will leave you stranded when you are the furthest from home.

Back