Concerts - Favorite of 2016 and Looking Forward To 2017

I saw America Saturday night with Wife and Son. Good show. Gerry Beckley voice is about completely shot tho.

In line to get tickets to the White River Ampitheater in Auburn, WA (Seattle-ish) as we will be near there.
Apparently the presale I can get into isn't for another hour while the special VIP people get their shot. Harumph. Everything is class warfare these days.

EDIT: Got in and got standing tickets up front in Pit 2. Should be fun.

Last edited:
Got front row seats for John Sebastian at the Musical Instrument Museum this Thursday and front row for Robert Cray December 1st.

Got front row seats for John Sebastian at the Musical Instrument Museum this Thursday and front row for Robert Cray December 1st.
I saw John Sebastian back in about 1969/1970; it was a benefit for our local underground newspaper and tickets were $5.00, general admission at Merriweather Post Pavilion in Columbia, MD. It was a great and wild show. His voice is not what it once was, but I'd love to see him again.

Hmm, just found out that Queensryche is playing tonight in Mt. Clemens, a suburb of Detroit (far side of Detroit, for me).

I should go :embarrassed: I don't have a ticket though, but it doesn't look like it's sold out. $20

Hmm, just found out that Queensryche is playing tonight in Mt. Clemens, a suburb of Detroit (far side of Detroit, for me).

I should go :embarrassed: I don't have a ticket though, but it doesn't look like it's sold out. $20

Caught em a couple years back with Todd. Damn good show and they dig in hard on the classic material.

Caught em a couple years back with Todd. Damn good show and they dig in hard on the classic material.
Yep, really good show! Todd La Torre is the real deal.

The only song they played post-Promised Land album was 'Guardian', the video/single off their last album. Kinda a shame, as that last album had a bunch of good songs off it. And as much as I don't really care for post-Promised Land/pre-La Torre albums, there was usually one or more pretty darned good song on each of those albums. It's a shame those select songs from that era probably won't ever get played live again.

I would've sworn that the drummer wasn't Scott Rockenfield, either. If the drummer is still Casey Grillo (Kamelot, took over for Rockenfield earlier this year as Rockenfield had a newborn), then Casey has shaved his goatee and changed his hair.

I'm still wondering who Queensryche's drummer was last night, because Kamelot is playing in Tel Aviv today. Yeah, playing in Detroit and then flying to Tel Aviv for a show the next day might be doable, I guess. And the drummer last night kinda looked like Casey Grillo if you shaved his goatee off and gave him floppy but short hair.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't Scott Rockenfield though, as Rockenfield is skinny. And facially this guy didn't look anything like Rockenfield. This drummer last night was just a bit on the chunky side (which Grillo is looking like as he gets older) but not a 'big' guy by any means.

I can't find anything googling it.

Last edited:
Sweet! When I got tix several weeks ago, I did not know I would get to see Bob Mould too! I have been wanting to see Bob! Two, Two, Two concerts in one!

23517759_10155816934070699_1156325298620531057_n.jpg

Back