Power! (formerly: So close! ...Progress! ...Current cab pics and Order placed...update: HNCD!)

It's rare I have to buy all the parts that go in a BF cabinet, they add up fast:
  • Chassis straps and bolts/nuts
  • Fender logo
  • Cable clamps (3 —1 for AC cord, 2 for reverb cables)
  • Reverb cables (this is luxery, but since the Super Reverb cables are too long, I'm buying the correct-sized Vibroverb/Twin ones)
  • Screws and washers to mount reverb tank/bag
  • Speaker plug (F cap) and wire
So far, I've only ordered the reverb cables, I'll check Home Depot/Lowes over the weekend for the screws, clamps and washers, the rest waits until next month.

Still contemplating tilt-back legs, maybe...maybe not.

Finally Pics...

Cabinet...
QoSuKUg.jpg

QoSuKUg.jpg

qL10W4w.jpg

Last edited:
Nice. I had Mather build me a head cabinet for my old Musicmaster. He does great work and is pretty nice on the wallet.

Congrats!! I spoke with Peter Mather about a cab for my Quickrod. He had nice stuff at a reasonable price.
Nice. I had Mather build me a head cabinet for my old Musicmaster. He does great work and is pretty nice on the wallet.

It was a smooth transaction. When he sent the invoice for payment, he stated what day(s) it was in the queue to be built and what day it should ship on. The work was as good as it gets and prices were competitive. While there are other builders that have made me great product (and some that haven't), I think the professionalism and scheduling will keep me coming back to Mather in the future.

Last edited:
Installed tip jacks for bias checking. Yes, I drilled holes in a 1966 Fender chassis, but there isn't anything collectible about this chassis.

LKj0C1z.jpg

UmplZF6.jpg

Soldered up the speaker connector (you can't tell me Fender used these things, they seem like a time suck to do repeatedly)
LDrJ5YD.jpg

And finally new power cord and grounded courtesy outlet...
2SnEHI1.jpg

smqAXAl.jpg

Stay waiting for the output transformer to arrive. Keen eyes may note I don't have a fuse holder...I broke the original, so I have to spend another $10 for a NOS replacement, postponing finishing even longer.

Last edited:
Back