ez drummer 2 v superior drummer

Sweet. Ive been away for a few days but checked my work email this morning and my education discount has been verified. I'll get this downloaded tonight :Thu:

20 gig download for the library itself :facepalm: Should have waited for new fibre to kick in later in the week.

Jebus there's A LOT to this thing.

I spent a good few hours last night and tonight trying to get the hi hat pedal dialled in then worked it out by accident :facepalm:

Having a dick around with the kit constructor and the velocities etc.. on each part. I'm not even going to bother looking at the mixer for a long time - I assumed it would be a straight forward, kick, snare, hi hat and so on set up - it's got something like 20 mics and you can set the bleed on ALL OF THEM for every single mic and that's before you get into the outboard stuff.

Very cool piece of gear either way.

Jebus there's A LOT to this thing.

I spent a good few hours last night and tonight trying to get the hi hat pedal dialled in then worked it out by accident :facepalm:

Having a dick around with the kit constructor and the velocities etc.. on each part. I'm not even going to bother looking at the mixer for a long time - I assumed it would be a straight forward, kick, snare, hi hat and so on set up - it's got something like 20 mics and you can set the bleed on ALL OF THEM for every single mic and that's before you get into the outboard stuff.

Very cool piece of gear either way.
What I do is use the kit how it comes preloaded. Then after I'm done recording I may go back and tweak certain things.
Don't get too caught up in little things like getting mic placement perfect. IMO, at the end of the day it's a demo. Plus the more you use it the better and easier it will become. Before you know it, you'll know exactly what needs to be tweaked without all the guesswork.

Yeah unless I want a really dry or really roomy effect I'm going to leave the mics as is.

I think the plan is to tweak the kits to get a good sound and spread, save them and then I'll base everything off of them - I've had my electric kit for over 10 years and apart from when I'm messing around, there's only 2 kits I ever use - if I can get an approximation of them that I'll be happy.

Good plan. The only things I usually play with is a little Reverb on the snare (and I mean a very little). And on occasion I'll adjust the overhead mic for a drier or roomier sound. And also volume adjustments on cymbals/hi-hats. Then at the end, on the master drum bus a little eq to brighten it up if needed.

Here's a potentially stupid question: My drum module has a midi in as well as out.

Is there any way that I could trigger sounds from the module (e.g. the snares from the 2 presets I mentioned) ?

To clarify - I mean record the sounds from the drum module but in midi instead of audio?

To clarify - I mean record the sounds from the drum module but in midi instead of audio?
No.
They're two different things. The sounds on your module are audio. MIDI is MIDI.

No.
They're two different things. The sounds on your module are audio. MIDI is MIDI.

My bad, I was hoping as they were still being triggered they could potentially be grabbed as a midi signal albeit without the ability to change the voicings and stuff.

Back