The Great Deals Thread

I don't particular care for the neck shape on this model, plus these have always seemed short and unbalanced to me - being a guy 6'3", it almost seems like I am playing a mini guitar.
Ah, so it's the Wolfgang in general you don't like, not just the current Special model.

If my wallet weren't crying right now I'd grab one.

Ah, so it's the Wolfgang in general you don't like, not just the current Special model.

Yeah, pretty much, though I gotta say that the previous MIJ/MIC incarnation with the vintage-sized SS frets was quite a player. Having said that, about a year ago I tried to pull the trigger on an older but in good shape Peavey MIA, but got screwed out of the purchase by the store pulling a fast one :mad:

Yeah, pretty much, though I gotta say that the previous MIJ/MIC incarnation with the vintage-sized SS frets was quite a player. Having said that, about a year ago I tried to pull the trigger on an older but in good shape Peavey MIA, but got screwed out of the purchase by the store pulling a fast one :mad:
I kinda remember that...

My USA Peavey Special is my go-to guitar for playing in standard tuning.

The neck plate looks like it's missing metal under one of the screws. It looks like the truss rod hole has plastic in it. I thought American necks had walnut there and Mexican and some Squiers had plastic there.
California series are basically Mexican Strats.

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

They killed the California Series, made a few changes, and they became the Highway One line.

Hardware and pickups are mediocre. The neck profiles, though, are fantastic.

Last edited:
Squier CV Burgundy Mist Strat - $249.99 STOTD at MF
030-3010-566.jpg

Back