Battlefield One

Nope just belligerent pms :grin:

Any of you guys on xbox? I know the tine diff is big but it would be good to tie in.

Gamer tag is staylucky

:facepalm:

I remember why I stopped live account.

I was out for drinks and dinner then had a bottle of wine in the tub and fired up BF1. I could barely function so quit and set up an online match at FIfa.

I managed to go 2-0 up then the little shot at the other end switched off hs controller (this was around the 30 minute mark) waited until the game was in injury time then quit the game :grin: :facepalm:

Anyone still playing this?

I've been dipping in and out of it and I'm getting pretty good as support.

I SLAY on the horse too :grin: :embarrassed:

I'm still playing. I just hit level 81.

It is a great time to play right now, as all the Christmas noobs are online. I had a 9-0 streak this morning, and a 12-0 tonight.

Anyway, I still enjoy the game. I think there are still balancing issues, too much made spam, too much gas, and some weapons are overpowered.

Last edited:
I'm still playing. I just hit level 81.

It is a great time to play right now, as all the Christmas noobs are online. I had a 9-0 streak this morning, and a 12-0 tonight.

Anyway, I still enjoy the game. I think there are still balancing issues, too much made spam, too much gas, and some weapons are overpowered.

Fuckin hell I'm at level 18 or something :eek:

Never thought about the Xmas noobs - I did notice I was lasting a lot longer without dying and getting much better kd ratios over the past few days :grin:

Does levelling up really help that much? From what I can tell I've got access to the guns I want already :shrug:

Fuckin hell I'm at level 18 or something :eek:

Never thought about the Xmas noobs - I did notice I was lasting a lot longer without dying and getting much better kd ratios over the past few days :grin:

Does levelling up really help that much? From what I can tell I've got access to the guns I want already :shrug:

There is no benefit to leveling. It just happens as you play. You can be a rubbish player and still hit level 100 just through persistence.

The only potential benefit is that after around level 60 you know all the camping spots, where the map choke points are, and the best ways to flank, etc. if you play a lot you just know where enemy players will be.

Get online and enjoy the noob harvest. It only lasts for a month or so.

Last edited:
There is no benefit to leveling. It just happens as you play. You can be a rubbish player and still hit level 100 just through persistence.

The only potential benefit is that after around level 60 you know all the camping spots, where the map choke points are, and the best ways to flank, etc. if you play a lot you just know where enemy players will be.

Get online and enjoy the noob harvest. It only lasts for a month or so.

Lol yeah that's why I managed to prestige in every CoD game I ever played.

Got s bit of shoppign to do and decorations to put away but I'm going to try and slink in a few hours before she comes in from work :grin:

Still playing, but the opportunity to do so has been scarce with my longtime Battlefield compatriots (been playing the series together for more than 10 years since BF2).

So I got a headset.

Am I missing something - there's not a single person talking on it - is it only your squad you speak to and mine haven't had headsets or what? :shrug:

Even in between rounds i've not heard any chatter.

So I got a headset.

Am I missing something - there's not a single person talking on it - is it only your squad you speak to and mine haven't had headsets or what? :shrug:

People are pretty shy. I find maybe one squad in ten will be chatting when I join it. I've gotten to about 80% talking when I start the chat. I usually start with game specific call outs, like "heavy tank on Charlie" or "Spawn at Apples, they are taking and will back rage us". That gets other people comfortable with short call outs. After a match or two people talk more about campers, strategy, etc. Give it a try and see how it goes.

People are pretty shy. I find maybe one squad in ten will be chatting when I join it. I've gotten to about 80% talking when I start the chat. I usually start with game specific call outs, like "heavy tank on Charlie" or "Spawn at Apples, they are taking and will back rage us". That gets other people comfortable with short call outs. After a match or two people talk more about campers, strategy, etc. Give it a try and see how it goes.

That's what I'm doing though it's usually "medic? MEDIC???? I CAN SEE YOU RUNNING AWAY!!!" :grin:

So I got a headset.

My son and I trash talk each other on the headsets, i think it scares the rest of the people off lol

My son and I trash talk each other on the headsets, i think it scares the rest of the people off lol

To be fair I don't miss all the "your a mother fucking faggot fucker faggot fucking dick!!!!" nonsense pre-pubescent boys used to scream down the line when I used to play CoD - it would be cool to have some chat though, maybe I was just unlucky last night.

Missus is working on Sunday and I play to have a very long hungover session :grin:

To be fair I don't miss all the "your a mother fucking faggot fucker faggot fucking dick!!!!" nonsense pre-pubescent boys used to scream down the line when I used to play CoD - it would be cool to have some chat though, maybe I was just unlucky last night.

Missus is working on Sunday and I play to have a very long hungover session :grin:

The BF VOIP seems a lot calmer than that. I've been playing a ton and have not been called any slurs by racist 10 year old kids.

Argh I thought I'd completed the campaign on the hardest difficulty last night after hours trying to beat the Australian dudes campaign - It autosaved in a really shitty location where I had next to no ammo left :facepalm:

Beat it then found out that for some reason I've only completed 2 of the Arabian missions on the easiest difficulty (which I call bullshit on) but I've got to do them again and they're bursting my ass all over again!!!

Managed to finish those two missions on Friday night.

Really really fun game. Challenging on the hard difficulty - most levels took me a good few tries and most of the time required changing up my approach which is cool - games where they're hard but you just plug away doing the same thing and eventually get through kind of suck.

Cool. I finished the single player stuff on the normal level difficulty and never played them again. I should go back and try them again sometime.

I'd say it's worth it - to my it makes it quite a good approximation of how you'd probably have to act if you were in those situations - the Arabian one I had to redo kept kicking my ass because if you didn't take everyone out from afar or stealthy, you had 20 guys flanking you as soon as an alarm was raised. The tank one

I've noticed I'm better online too for it though I have had a terrible run of being stuck in shit squads lately :grin:

Online play can't be patched soon enough. Too much gas and nade spam, every match has some level 99 asshat head glitching a tank or artillery truck behind a hill, planes are OP as hell, horsemen are crazy OP, and all the support weapons are garbage. Today I shot a guy 5 times in the back with a BAR and he turned around and one shotted me with his 10A hunter shotgun. :messedup: Still fun as hell with a good squad, but they really need to patch some stuff.

Last edited:
Online play can't be patched soon enough. Too much gas and made spam, every match has some level 99 asshat head glitching a tank or artillery truck behind a hill, planes are OP as hell, horsemen are crazy OP, and all the support weapons are garbage. Today I shot a guy 5 times in the back with a BAR and he turned around and one shotted me with his 10A hunter shotgun. :messedup: Still fun as hell with a good squad, but they really need to patch some stuff.

Yeah I've played support from day one and I don't know if I'm imagining it but the weapons seem to have got weaker. Yesterday I was putting half a dozen rounds into guys torso and chest from a prime range and they were taking it then killing me with a few shots. Total PITA.

I suck in the planes so have no clue how good or bad they are as I never last long in them but I do love the horses even if they are stupidly powerful :)

Back