Did you like...(11/20/09)

Jake S.

Kick Henry Jackassowski
MPW-9595

Freaking hilarious. I loved it.

And Tamoore, if you haven't seen this...:poke:

I have that movie memorized, and i still love it. Coen brothers humor is right up my alley.

Hate it. I've only enjoyed 2 Coen brothers movies to date - "O Brother" and "Fargo". The others, "Lebowski" included, end up sounding contrived, as the actors try to sound natural speaking unnatural dialog. They end up overacting, and the whole thing becomes painful to watch.

Yeah, for sure.

There's a "favorite Coen Brothers film" going on over at GJ right now.

Lebowski wouldn't even be in my top 5, but I still love. Anyway, it's winning by a landslide without my support.

I don't think I've seen any other films by them...I'll have to check them out.

For lighthearted fun stuff, O Brother Where Art Thou, The Ladykillers and Intolerable Cruelty are good for laughs.

Fargo is simply brilliant, and brilliantly acted.

I like all of them though, from Blood Simple all the way up, only one i havent seen yet is Hudsucker Proxy. I'll have to get around to it one of these days.

Oh, and of course Raising Arizona, almost forgot that one.

Hate it. I've only enjoyed 2 Coen brothers movies to date - "O Brother" and "Fargo". The others, "Lebowski" included, end up sounding contrived, as the actors try to sound natural speaking unnatural dialog. They end up overacting, and the whole thing becomes painful to watch.

I don't care for their films either, but I did like The Big Lebowski more than the others.

I have not seen it.....

Or any other Coen Bros movie for that matter. Nothing against them at all, I just have not seen any.

I have not seen it.....

Or any other Coen Bros movie for that matter. Nothing against them at all, I just have not seen any.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2tyZu0lqs"]YouTube- PUBLIC ENEMY "Don't Believe The Hype"[/nomedia]

:tongue:

*Runs*

I agree. TBL was an utterly horrible film.:(

I liked it, although I fell asleep at the end in the movie theatre. It wasn't due to the movie, it's just a fairly common occurrence with me for some reason.

Other Coen movies I've seen and enjoyed: Blood Simple, Raising Arizona, OBWAT, Ladykillers. I don't remember much of Fargo, though I did watch it.
Burn After Reading was enjoyable but not amazing. Didn't care for No Country.

The Coens are very hit or miss for me. I loved Oh Brother and Fargo. Hated No Country. Big Lebowski is one of the few from them that I enjoyed but can't really say I loved it or hated it.

Back