Your favorite song by . . .(Thursday Edition)

Phil513

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Staff member
Dave Mustaine and company. Megadeth!

GO!

Anyone?

Symphony of Destruction? Peace Sells?

Anyone?

Not a single one. I cant stand Mustaine's voice. Friedman is a great player but.....yeah. I caNOT stand Dave Mustaine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRxTXb3L_L0"]YouTube - Megadeth - In My Darkest Hour[/ame]

I haven't listened to them since high school but this was my favorite...

dave-mustaine-totally-looks-like-a-cocker-spaniel1.jpg

Wake Up Dead! :rawk:

If you're not a fan of Mustaine's singing, then this would also be a great choice... there's only a handful of lines in the whole song... it's almost an instrumental. An instrumental with a killer groove. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
:shrug:

We used to do a song by them in my cover band, but I didn't like it.

Symphony of Destruction or something. Totally not my thing....:(

Well... while you nancy boys are busy washing your skirts... I'm going to look up a few more Megadeth vids. :tongue:

I like megadeth but I'm not a big fan of Mustaine. His singing isn't great but doesn't really bug me too much but his general attitude is really annoying. That said I like alot of their songs.

Symphony of Destruction
Sweating Bullets
Use the Man
Killing is my Business and Business is Good
Wake Up Dead
Hangar 18

Holy Wars...

And that one that goes:

Hello me, meet the real me
In my misfit way of life
A dark black past is my
Most valued possession

Hindsight is always 20/20
But looking back it's still a bit fuzzy
You speak of mutually assured destruction
Nice story, tell it to readers digest

I just can't think of the chorus. :facepalm:

It was off of the Countdown to Extinction album.

I know this is rather "squirrel"... but I stumbled across a great live vid of Anthrax playing "I'm the Man".

[youtube]oI-NDhZP5Gc[/youtube]

There's also some bonus Iron Maiden in the vid. :grin:

Holy Wars
Hanger 18
Set the World on Fire
Tornado of souls - which has one of the best metal guitar solo's ever imo. :love:

Love the harmonized licks near the end, plus the "stutter" riff is sweeeeeet. :cool:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHlTIir14Js&feature=related"]YouTube - Megadeth - Ashes In Your Mouth[/ame]

When my dad heard this one all my metal albums were banned from his house and he actually took away this CD, sat me down and gave a dramatic reading on how terrible the lyrics were (which were quite tame compared to other stuff I listened to) and then took the CD away from me, microwaved it, then threw it in the trash. :facepalm:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chcV6Wm5grg"]YouTube - Megadeth-The Disintegrators (remastered)[/ame]

Oh and I saw them at the first Gigantour and the sound was so bad that I almost left in the first couple of songs... it was like someone decided to boost Mustaine's voice +15 dB around 1.1 khz. :messedup: Right when I was thinking I might have to split they got things fixed... Dave had been frantically making gestures and whispering to stage hands and from there on out it was an awesome show, especially when he stopped between songs to berate this drunken shithead who just kept screaming MEEEEEEEEGADEEEETH ROOOOOOOOOOLLS thorugh every song, whipping himself around in a circle and trying to climb over people to get to the front. Dave taunted him while security snagged him and from there on it was even better.

They closed with Holy Wars... the Punishment is Due and they played it a good 20+ BPM faster. :messedup:

YouTube - Megadeth - In My Darkest Hour

I haven't listened to them since high school but this was my favorite...

Awesome song.

Dave Mustaine reportedly wrote the song in one sitting after learning of the death of former bandmate, Metallica bassist Cliff Burton in September, 1986. According to the CD's booklet, he wrote the lyrics with his bandmate at the time, David Ellefson. Mustaine was quoted in various magazines and Megadeth's Behind the Music as saying the song was inspired by Burton's passing. He claimed that neither James nor Lars informed him of Cliff's accident and he only found out when the band's manager called him. When he heard the news, Dave sat down and cried and then grabbed an acoustic guitar. In one sitting, he wrote the entire song, which is the only song he has ever written in such a way. The lyrics are actually about an ex-girlfriend of Mustaine's named Diana, whom he wrote several songs about. However, the music and feeling of the song were inspired by Cliff Burton.

Back